THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    English Springer Spainels - Tri Colored

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

English Springer Spainels - Tri Colored
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well our two dogs had a lovely batch of pups on March first.
The sire and dam are both Tri colored, black, white with brown highlights.
I do know that the dam's father is a dark liver, white with some golden highlights

Guess what we have 3 pups are are liver, white with golden highlights.

The other 6 pups are the normal black, white, and now you can see the brown highlights on their faces and legs, tail.

Is this common ? to have some liver, white tri colored

J Wisner

Posts: 1407 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don’t know. But I’m a sucker for pup pics. Let’s see them!
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
WHAT DON SAID IN SPADES! "Pitchers" please.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Don Markey for posting those pics for me.

J Wisner

Posts: 1407 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Utterly charming little toots!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking pups!

Posts: 2634 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best dogs there are for stocked Pheasants. When the roosters run, the Springer gets them in the air.

Posts: 20065 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One shouldn't pick based on color... but one doesn't does he? Nice litter... my uncle was the best pheasant hunter I know... used springers when he was younger, britts when he couldn't keep up...

Posts: 260 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one picture of the single pup looking up at the camera, is a female pup.

The new owners visited us this past weekend, and at 7 weeks old they had the pup retreiving a duck wing.

So funny the wing was so big the pup had a hard time picking it up, but she figured it out quickly.

J Wisner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great looking pups. I envy you.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
The one picture of the single pup looking up at the camera, is a female pup.

The new owners visited us this past weekend, and at 7 weeks old they had the pup retreiving a duck wing.

So funny the wing was so big the pup had a hard time picking it up, but she figured it out quickly.

J Wisner

Beautiful litter!!
I grew up with a Liver & White Springer from the Spokane dog pound (1965ish), best Pointer & Retriever I have ever been around. She learned from 2 well trained Vishla (sp) pointers. Oh the good old days!!

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After seeing these pictures, I think I'm in love!

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Great to see this thread pop up again. I wonder how those pups are doing, now that they are a year old. Hope they all got great homes!

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
About half of them are somewhat local. The wife created a face book page for the owners to share pictures and stories. So some of the owners keep in touch

We were just invited to one of the female pup first field trials late in May, am looking forward to that.

J Wisner

one of us
posted Hide Post

Here is Athena waiting her turn at the Hunt Trials, she is one of the females from the litter.

Above in the early pictures she is the single pup looking up at the camera.

Enjoy.
JW

one of us
posted Hide Post

Athena did well for her first time. At the end of the first run they knew there was one bird left, sure enough a Chukar. She jumped it and the dang thing flew just above the grass with Athena right behind, too close for the gunner, and then it was out of range. We could see the bird fly down to the third set of trees where the river is. Took about 5 minutes, and here is Athena coming back with the Chukar that she caught up with and caught. That bit of color in her mouth is the bird. The next contacts were flyaway Pigeons that the gunner could not shoot at because of the bystanders way behind the handler, Dang bright or lucky birds.