THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    SHR Razzle title earned
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SHR Razzle title earned
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Litter to be born week of August 23rd
right now my wife took 2nd choice female (Lab of course)

Try and guess how many pups are in there

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
8 ?

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get 9

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is 10 but could be 9, I will post what the vet that took the xray said and what was born next week

Posts: 2296 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Now you must post pics of the litter when they're born and periodically keep us all updated as they grow. I'm biased, but there's nothing cuter than lab puppies.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2291 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
Now you must post pics of the litter when they're born and periodically keep us all updated as they grow. I'm biased, but there's nothing cuter than lab puppies.

German shepherd puppies. Then they become gangly teenagers and finally majestic dogs.

I love labs too - my second favorite breed after german shepherds.

I do think labs love you more than shepherds do - shepherds protect you better.

Beautiful puppies in the making. Please post pictures.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

You should get two.... Cool

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last two that passed on us last year where two weeks apart, The one I bought and the second I adopted at 6months due to a move by the previous owner. Kept me busy since I competed both of them till the adopted one injured herself at 2.5 yrs. What made it tough was the adopted one was so soft that if I raised my voice at her or the other one the day was over for her, did not want to play when things weren't going softly. Caused me to take them out separately. Eventually she got use to me and my ways.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes...they are impossible to train unless separated.. at least for my skill set anyway.

But having a brother to play with and keep each other occupied is worth its weight in gold a lot of times...

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Litter came early, 9 pups with 8 males and only 1 female so no pup for us

Originally the Xray vet said 9 pups

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bumped up to first choice now?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nine? I counted those spines correctly. go figure. Sorry there are no more girls. You looking at another litter down the road?

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nothing better than a Lab! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife does the research and she has high standards so it may be a while

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife found another litter due end of September, deposit down just hope there is enough females to go around.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck! I just jammed a derby with my little guy, so maybe he'll turn out like his dad. Hope you get your girl, and she's all that you want!

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet black suger !
The only love money can buy.
Enjoy.
It's another year that it's great to be alive !
Opening weekend of dove season, My girl and I will teal hunt as the sun comes up and dove hunt in the afternoon.
Life is grand !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Plus a very good chance of 1st pick on females, looks like my check got there first, breeder says it looks like the litter may come next week

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got word that the litter was born dead, search goes on

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awful. Sorry to hear that!

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife has been looking like heck found a few more litters that came close to the pedigree she was looking for but she wouldn't close the deal till this am, she called our friend and who was at a field trial and he was talking to a fellow competitor at the time who kept 2 pups for himself, he tells our friend that he decided to let the male go but decides to let the female go if she wants it, bingo ...looks like she will close on this one. Highly bred top of the lines will get some pixs as soon as she gets them...5 weeks old and ready to go in a couple of weeks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well my wife out did herself again, got pick of the litter of the daughter of a 2 time NAFC FC Retriever hall of fame sire, dam is a MH QAA MNMH/ pup is 5 weels old so will be picking her up in 2 weeks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fine looking pup... beer

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Nice pup.
Best of luck with her.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations !
Sweet black suger. The only love money can buy ! AND
Now you have proof-------you not racis.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is great news! She looks great, and with a pedigree like that....!

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I could never understand all the trouble finding the right dog.

Three of my last of six I have owned were given to me the others were brought for the price of their shots.

Most likely they would have been given to me if I would have held out.

Three were pure labs one was a lab cross all turned out to be great hunting dogs.

The other was a shepherd cross should of trained her to hunt but used her as a personnel protection dog.

Only ever brought one dog from a breeder and a paid a whole 50 dollars for her.

I turned other dogs down just because I didn't need them at the time.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Some like me are picky. Want good breeding, I want my dog to have a tail not some bobbed thing. Love my dog getting birdy and watching that tail, can tell every time how close she is to going on point.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When we buy a dog we look for the best genes available, the genes dictate the health longevity and intelligence. First of all I am the one person that wants to hold on to things for as long as possible, I get comfortable with them so I am picky when I get them, My pick up is 20 years old my explorer is 12 and my new truck is 4 which will be around for a long time. I just wish my labs would last as long as my fords. You get what you pay for, I am not saying you can get some of equal value for alot less but I don't like to gamble and that is the best insurance I can get

Will be picking up the pup tomorrow

one of us
posted Hide Post

My wife named her Razzle, she has had a rough couple of days, long drive home, new smells, no litter mates except 2 new large black dogs, differentsurroundings....just exhausting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cute little girl you have there. If they didn't have the puppy
breath, sometimes you want to strangle them. Every one of my labs
ate a pair of prescription glasses when they were puppies.
Getting a good breeding is just trying to get a little better chance
of getting a good dog. My Pete was a freebie and made GRHRCH.
And I'm sure even Lean Mac threw some pigs. But breeding like this
pup has also will have all the health clearances to have a good chance
living a long and healthy life. Their not with us for very long. You
want them to have a pain free life.
Also if your gonna throw 20-30K or more into a dog if your in the games
You want all the stars lined up in your favor. The price of the pup
is just pennies in the overall price.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous Pup, congratulations.

We have an 11 months old GWP and have finally made it through the worst of the "puppy-months".

Penny has now grown in to a well behaved, relatively obedient and responsive young dog with a keen interest in deer hunting.
She has blended in to the household and our family extrememly well and we are now beginning to enjoy the most rewarding times with a new member of the family and hunting with her has re-invigorated my zest for hunting.

We are now preparing to add another pup to the home, due to be born any day now.

Congrats on your new pup, a very exciting time.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And how is Razzle doing?

Cheryl just brought home a gold puppy while picking up my 10-year old black guy that just retired, so there is puppy breath around here too.

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
She is a little bundle of energy at 26 pounds she is getting to fast to catch and heavy to carry we will endure. Playing with her the other day she hooked my little finger in the join and I got a severe cut/rip but its healing up nicely
quote:
Rep

quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the same treatment today. Hank, all of 9 weeks old, wanted to keep the chukar and I was not careful enough insisting that I get the bird back to throw one more time.

Ain't they something!

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
You guys are really lucky, hard to beat having a puppy!

Remember at around 6 months, they find shoe wear irresistible!

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, they do

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
she has made a habit of attacking my wife's feet when she isn't watching her, that could be a serious mistake...Mama ain't happy nobody is happy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baaaadddd mistake.

Those little puppy teeth are sharp, too.

Chuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to endure the "atrocities of the mouth"., but it IS worth it.