Find
Notify
Tools

Value of a PUP
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I'm very much a dog guy and used to run beagles at field trials. Our last two dogs were 'rescue' type mostly mutts that were great. Now that we're retired a dog just doesn't fit our lifestyle and we probably don't have the patience for raising a puppy.

So to get my 'dog fix' and some excercise I became a volunteer dog walker at a local shelter. I encounter some really cool dogs and enjoy playing a part in getting them socialized and get excited when they get adopted to their forever homes.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea Matt; working with the dogs and then still having the freedom to take off & travel when the urge presents itself.

Posts: 242 | Location: Lake Linden Mi | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard second or third hand that Erica got her nose out of joint about something regarding hunt tests and quit participating. But I did see a few of her dogs over the years. I have a friend with two of her dogs; he would come down and run our hunt tests in New Mexico when I was there. And she bred one a number of years ago that was a heck of a field trial competitor as well as in hunt tests. If I think long enough I'll remember his name - I think it was Buck? She breeds some darn nice dogs, there is no question about that. In fact, my roommate was just looking at a litter that had a Quartermoon sire. I don't know her personally, but I do know some of her dogs. I'd be proud to have one.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chas257
posted Hide Post
It’s been almost 30 years since I’ve last spent time with Erica ( her first name at that time was Bobbie) I can imagine her “getting her nose out of shape” , that said, as a stranger to field trials/hunt tests, she opened her door to me and helped me with training my first Retriever that I purchased from her.

Posts: 242 | Location: Lake Linden Mi | Registered: 18 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember first hearing about her as Bobbie, now that you mention it. It took me a while to figure out that Erica and Bobbie were the same person. It was always clear that she cared a lot for her dogs, and everything I hear tells me they are great hunting dogs.

I'd own one of her dogs without question.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote