Find
Notify
Tools

Dog Fence
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
Who makes the best underground dog fence? Guess its about time I invested in one.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was researching this too. I think PetSafe is a good bet for brand. And they make a "stubborn dog" fence that I was thinking about for my hardheaded Lab. I think I'm going to go with a physical fence for various reasons though. Good luck!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
I really just need to keep my Llewellin off the porch before were both in alot of trouble!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I have the PetSafe underground fence. It's worked fine for my Labs. Easily installed DIY. If you go that route save yourself some $$ and buy your wire from a local electrical supply house and get the flags from Home Depot. They're sold a surveyor flags.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Labman, How long have you had your Petsafe?

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have high prey drive dogs and the PetSafe unit is 100% reliable. Told me that if it didn't work they'd come back, take it out and refund my money.

Posts: 1312 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Labman, How long have you had your Petsafe?

So long ago that I really don't remember. At lest 20 years.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have one of the wireless petsafe invisible fences. It has worked well once set up.
It has been problem free for 13 years.

One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Whatever brand you decide to go with, as was stated earlier, go to an electrical supply house and buy 14ga. direct burial wire. Most systems come with 18ga. and the 14 is much better and usually cheaper if purchased through an actual supply house versus the dog fence company. Most Home Depot's rent the machine to bury the wire.

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote