THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOG FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Dogs    We've waited long enough

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We've waited long enough
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For 13 years we were kept company by our Airdale, Mattie. Over the winter of 2018-2019, it was plain she was winding down and, in late March, she went to sleep on the porch and didn't wake up. It's beeen six months. We thought we would be fine without a dog for a while but we really weren't so started looking a bit in late summer. We were undecided about getting another Airdale but, when we heard of some pups about four hours from us, we figured it would hurt to have a look. Well, hell. The parents were great dogs and the pups irresistable so, in a couple of weeks, we'll get our new Airdale puppy. Another female and a bit smaller line than Mattie came from (she was 75 pounds), I think she'll be just what we need. we're pretty excited. Not really looking forward to house training and getting up in the middle of the night so the dog can pee but,what the heck, I usually need to do the same anyway. If she lives as long as Mattie did, she will likely be my last dog. It's going to be great; we've waited long enough. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3490 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat new puppy breath.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bill, I am thrilled for you. I have been without a dog for two years and it is killing me, perhaps literally.
Please, please share photos of your beautiful Airdale pup. It's a breed I have long admired.
I have had Brittanies and Aussies, but really like the terriers.
I am 66, so the next dog will likely be my last as well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote