New
Find
Notify
Tools

chocolate labs
 Login/Join

Picture of bob m sr
posted
ok i have one now for just over a year her name is Lacey appropriately named by my granddaughter because as a pup she untied my wifes shoelaces all the time , prior to having her i was a brittany junkie having 3 of them in the past 40 years this bundle of energy takes the cake she loves pulling trees i have downed into the yard and playing with them , out in the field she is tireless, hopefully i'll have her and her energy for years to come so i can enjoy her into my retirement

We can educate the ignorant but we just can't fix stupid when it comes to gun control
BOBM SR

Posts: 13 | Location: wilkes-barre,pa | Registered: 29 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking dog. Take her for plenty of walks and she will take care of you! I have had yellow labs.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I had my chocolate lab for 17 years. for the last two she wasn't getting around as good as she was when she was 10 even. She took it upon her self to say I am not going to go on our long walks in the woods any more dad but I will wait for you and the other brats to come back.
She chewed on every thing at hand till she was two years old then just stopped. I bought her several different kinds of Kong toys so she wasn't destroying stuff. She loved to go to the creek down the hill from the house and swim, It would dry up in the summer so we bought her a step 2 pool but she had to share later on.
Fetch she would till your arm was about to fall off and you just stopped tossing and throwing for her. She had a Spanish name on her paper's that was a bit of chocolate in English, we just called her Chip.

She didn't like fire works or thunder storms for some reason. We gave her a Benadryl before a storm hit and the fire works on the lake near by on the forth.I hope your good looking pup is as good for you as Ours was for us.

I don't have so many young pictures of here doing the tree dragging stuff because they were all film back then.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of bob m sr
posted Hide Post
oh we do she loves her walks loves riding in the cars and truck, loves to swim she is one very strong swimmer she swam in the lehigh river last fall i was concerned cause of the current she fooled me she loves playing fetch and loves to play monkey in the middle with myself and my granddaughter she is the monkey very good watch dog too doesn't miss a trick . one vice she digs up wifes rose bushes, as far as fireworks she sits and watches them she isn't gun shy either

We can educate the ignorant but we just can't fix stupid when it comes to gun control
BOBM SR

Picture of bob m sr
posted Hide Post
caught in the act

BOBM SR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a good looking pup!

Reminds me of my Rigby (they could have been twins) who has been gone now for 2 years...enjoy the time.

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, enjoy your Chocolate lab. Mine has been gone now for 7 years and my heart still aches. Best hunting, family and canine friend that I ever had.

Picture of bob m sr
posted Hide Post
Lacey loves to go on her excursions in the woods especially loves swimming in the creek near the house after she explores the local woods with me

BOBM SR

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

You will enjoy this dog. She is beautiful. I've always been partial to Chocolate labs. My old man has been gone for many years now. Still miss him. Haven't been duck or goose hunting since.

Posts: 10007 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
A couple of pictures of Max. He is our second chocolate.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
They're wonderful dogs. I have heard about the two-year chew period, but once beyond that, they are great pals.
I have had two Brittanies, and miss them both. I don't think there is a more beautiful breed, and they move like ballet.
I have put my hunting dog replacement program on hold for now, and have to get by with my wife's Aussie and my son's blind mutt.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote