Find
Notify
Tools

Llewellin Pups
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted
Does anyone have a line on some Llewellin Setter puppies? Had to put my ole hunting buddy of 12 years down back in August and am starting to think I might be ready for another.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check out Houdini Llewellyn Setters out of Lonsdale MN. I have a orange Belton from Pine Cobble, Ryman breeding. Warren Sheckles used to breed them and then sold his stock to a couple in MN and they were called heart land setters. Let me know how you make out. You looking for a foot hunting dog I'm assuming ?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Thanks twilli, I'll check'em out. Yes I am looking for a foot hunting partner. Usually hunt just the dog and me.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Louis, please post photos once you find your next best friend.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Will do Bill.

God Bless, Louis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lonsdale is about 15 mn away from me - was unaware that there was a breeder there i'll have to check them out= not sure if heart land is around amy more - their website is down we have a 7 yr old setter from them but he is not a lleweliln rather he is a hemlock ryman - great dog - heartland was a elderly couple and she had a bad back - wouldn;t sell a dog unless he was to live in the house little story about him a few posts down

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch love my setter from them and she is a house queen but that doesn't effect her hunting ability.

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youngoutdoors:
Does anyone have a line on some Llewellin Setter puppies? Had to put my ole hunting buddy of 12 years down back in August and am starting to think I might be ready for another.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Louis,

I'll get Jenny an ultra-sound sometime soon and let you know whether she's "with child" or not. If she is, they should be good dogs and beautiful as a bonus.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She's getting thick, and if I count correctly the date set is Feb 7.

I hope she's not just getting fat. Big Grin

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote