Find
Notify
Tools

6.5mm bee what scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Should have my custom accumark any day now.

What would you top it with?

I do have this one...... too much power???? not good enough?

Leupold VX III -3 8.5-25x50mm Side Focus

Do these scopes track well?

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I don't see where they make a 8-25 anymore in that VX III line.

VX-6 and Mark 4 yes.

Vortex makes a 6-24 in the Viper, that would be similar, with a similar warranty.

Nightforce has 5-22 powered scopes in NXS for more money.

I am guessing this is for hunting? A Leupold Mark 4, Vortex or Nightforce NXS would be my pick. The Vortex is quite a bit cheaper. Around $1000, the other two will be between $1400-2300.

The new Zeiss with the 4-30 zoom would be a top pick if money were no object.

Swarovski also has a new long range hunter simialer to what you are looking for.

Zeiss and Swarovski have shit warrantys compared to Nightforce, Leupold and Vortex.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fotis, that should work fine, depending on what you intend to do with it. It should be one flat-shooting, long-range SOB! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
What are you looking to do with it? Hunting or long range precision work?

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Hunting only fellas

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I'd look at a Bushnell LRHS. Don't need a ton of magnification or weight to shoot at game animals.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vortex Viper 6-24.

Best warranty, decent glass, won't break the bank.

Everything else I would pick above it is 3 or 4 times the cost.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If money is no object Zeiss 8 series 4-35 looks amazing.

The Nightforce ATACR and BEAST

Leupold Mark 8 5-25

Schmidt Bender 5-25

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are talking the 6.5mm-300 Weatherby-Wright-Hoyer cartridge, right?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going to sound cheap here, but only because I think the older Leupolds were better than the ones being made now. They, like everyone else, have gone to China (in at least some product lines...) and I can't keep them apart.

I would look for a clean used Vari-X III in 4.5 - 14. In my experience, about 14X is the highest power one can go and not see his heartbeat when he shoulders the rifle. And for my money, that magnification will let you shoot as far as that cartridge's killing range, and then some.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Idaho:
yes the 6.5x300 WBY

BTW bought a SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 Tactical 30mm Riflescope for it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I was thinking the 218 Bee necked up...

You shouldn't need a lot of elevation adjustment or good turrets for a hunting rig. Just find something that will hold a zero, work up a load and a drop card. I've seen several leupies die in local tactical matches, but if you can set the zero and leave the adjustments alone it should work fine.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Tyler Kemp is right on the Bushnell elite Is the nicest scope for the dollars spent, another options is the Buris XTR II is a 2nd, for the money...I like Mil Mil scopes, and these are not bad for the 1000-1300 dollar range. I like others, but they are another $500 to $1000 more and are heavier...

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post