THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    I filmed one of the top tactical matches, the 2013 GAP Grind

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I filmed one of the top tactical matches, the 2013 GAP Grind
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
If you have a spare 20 minutes, it would mean a lot if you could watch this video and give me some feedback. I spent a lot of hours filming and putting it together and I'm quite happy with it. Cool

There are some cool trace shots at the beginning and end of the video, watch it in 1080p if your connection can handle it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ejaiL5MJfCfRiXHt9YXA

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome work. Looks like it was a blast to shoot or watch.

Posts: 57 | Location: Belton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed it! Were the distances known ahead of time? I saw a lot of scope adjustments going on. What was the weight of some of those rifles? I suspect that some were in the 12-15 pound range!
Very interesting.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this.
I think you did a good job, I liked the shooters perspective shots that many times you don't get. Looked like a lot of fun.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice video Tyler, but the music didn't do much for me (except for "All Along the Watchtower"). I liked the pieces when you interviewed various shooters.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Roaddog
posted Hide Post
Great job!

Molon Labe!
NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 74 | Location: Somewhere between South Dakota and Arizona | Registered: 01 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I liked the video and the music. I would have liked some more competitor clips profiling their style and character a bit more to make you get past the stereotype and more about the people as well. It looked like a lot of fun! Jealous.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The music was gay or juvenile type, other than that it was good video.

Posts: 1935 | Registered: 30 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
enjoyed the video!!!

toughest shooting course I have seen.

Those boys can shoot!!!

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nicely done! Good production! Not a lot of cheesy scene change effects. Let's the video speak for it's self! Thanks for sharing!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have used Respighi for the music but otherwise it is a great video. You did a very good job. I concur that restraint in the gee whizzy video effects is a strong plus.

Suwannee Tim

Posts: 140 | Location: Way down upon the Suwannee River. | Registered: 02 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought you did a very good job. I really enjoyed watching it. And personally, I like the music. Linked it to a friend of mine too.

Posts: 417 | Location: TX panhandle | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Liked it all. It got me fired up and I have subsequently engaged in a ton of research regarding the Precision Rifle Series (PRS) and even called around to a few gun makers playing in the space. Looks like something that I would be very interested in pursuing.

Thanks for sharing the video and great job.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post