THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Blaser is now doing the 300 Norma Mag
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser is now doing the 300 Norma Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Kind of interesting that the new Blaser R8 GRS and Long range will now have barrels in 300 Norma.

I am torn between the Blaser R8 GRS and the Sauer 404 Synchro XTC as my next rifle.

This is making the decision harder.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Blaser R93 with 3 barrels: 375H&H; 300WM and 7mm RM. I don't plan on ever selling it! Sauer's are very nice, but.....
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. They make barrels in 300win, 308 Norma and 300 RUM...... Got it pretty well covered i think.
Go the R8, you won't regret it!!!

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are no longer doing 338 Lapua, that I can find.

I guess it didn't work.

They made my beloved 6mm BR in a single shot in the R93, I had one for a while.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course they make 338 Lapua in their long range model. You can even get a ni e kit with two barrels in 338 LM and 300 Norma Magnum. Look in the Download section on the Blaser webpage. And yes, I would take the R8 any time before buying a 404.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
They are no longer doing 338 Lapua, that I can find.

I guess it didn't work.

They made my beloved 6mm BR in a single shot in the R93, I had one for a while.

.338 Lapua is still listed here http://www.blaser.de/fileadmin...olt_Action_R8_EN.pdf
Neither the .300Norma or .338Lapua are available as options on their online configurator tool but are both listed in the pdf and are still detailed on their "news" page Confused

Formerly Gun Barrel Ecologist

Posts: 324 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 04 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will see how it goes. I really like the 404 Synchro, but it is very limited compared to the R8 in caliber selection.

I'll have two receivers whatever the case is. Not tommorow, but some day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I used to have a few R93's, then they started having problems and I dumped them before I got burned. I can't remember all the variations, but I had the first 45 Blaser in America, 375, 300 Win, 338 Win, 30-06, 243, 223, 222, 6mm Br and a few others.

I still own the K95.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice selection but the R8 is the much better platform.

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned bot the R93 and the Sauer 202.

I am not sure if I will end up with a Sauer 404 or a Blaser R8.

For the Blaser R8, I like it comes in 416 Rem Mag, I have heard the system is more accurate, and I love the Grodas GRS stock. I also like the way the scope attaches to the barrel (though I don't find it physically attractive), Blaser's also come in a lot more calibers.

For the Sauer 404, I love the Synchro XTC carbon fiber stock, and Synchro synthetic stock.

I do not like the R8 magazine system, I am ok with the collet design, but not in love with it.

I wish the 404 would come in a Grodas stock system.

But honestly, if I am using a Grodas stock I'd prefer it in a system similar to the Remington 700.

Ideally I want 2 receivers and 4-6 barrels.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also like the Sauer 404's 3 position trigger.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle you have on that scope!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was one of those 30mm Tasco World Class scopes, made in Japan.

There is a lot of propaganda globally about them. These are the most common things I have heard, all of them might be BS.

1. That they are some how related to Nightforce, or the owner of Nightforce was a big Tasco World Class guy, and originally went to Hakko in Japan and said make me this.

2. That they were made by Hakko of Japan, not sure if that is true or they came from another Japanese optics company.

3. I was told they originally cost $1000, but then no one in America wanted a $1000 Tasco.

I have owned 3, bought all of them for $200ish on Ebay or gunshows. Sold all of them in Australia for twice as much on Ebay when I lived there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually have a Hakko scope on my Tikka rifle. Good scope.
Peter.

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Do you have all this with you in Germany?

Best, Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post