THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    I tested AR500 Durability: Laser, Plasma, and Waterjet Cut

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I tested AR500 Durability: Laser, Plasma, and Waterjet Cut
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
There doesn't seem to be a perfect forum for this post, but being a long range guy myself, this topic is interesting to me.

Scientifically, cutting method should make an impact on the durability of the steel. AR500 goes above 400*F and it begins to soften. If this would actually make a tangible difference is much debated...so I put together a little video comparing the three side by side. It isn't perfect, and there's much more that could be tested...but it still shows some good results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py34Ow39PhY

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That's a great test. Thanks for posting that.

Kyler

Posts: 2503 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post