New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a new LRF
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What’s a good laser range finder under $600? Not binocular, just something for hunting/general. Thanks!

I am back from a long Hiatus... or whatever.
Take care.
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an older, from 2007, Swarovski, 2 of my friends have Leica 1200's and the Leica's are tit for tat with my Swarovski. If I had to buy another one it would be a Leica just to save a few hundred dollars. I'm not sure if the Leica 1200's are still made though.

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a Sig Kilo 2200 for a lot less than the Leica or the Swaro. My Leica CRF 1200 went down the road as soon as I saw what the Sig will do.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hear a lot of good things about the Sigs. What makes them so great?

I am back from a long Hiatus... or whatever.
Take care.
smallfry

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know what makes the Sig so great, but my Leica CRF 1200 was dead in the water at 1300 yards. First time out with the Sig it hit 1565 with no problem. The Leica is not what I would call slow, but the Sig is FAST, and has no trouble reading a crow at 387 yards, or a fox at 421. Mine is the Sig 2200, and there are other models of both lesser and greater capability than mine, but the one I have is the perfect rangefinder for me. YMMV.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Leupold has a 2800 yard ranger for about $500.

Rex did a pretty good review on it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...26D73060A9&FORM=VIRE

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post