THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Applied Ballistics Article on Wind

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Applied Ballistics Article on Wind
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good article!
I can "dial" so accurately for distance, under almost all conditions, that it's scary!
W-I-N-D is the variable and one that I try to practice/shoot in to get it right.
Like I've said before, I'll shoot at a target in any wind and at any range but I'm VERY conservative with loosing a bullet on big game.

I'm going to read the article again and re-read it often to remind me of wind effect.

I'll be shooting at 600 and 900 tomorrow again and pray for some wind. lol

Thanks,
Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot Saturday with great results and then I got a call from my FFL dealer that, after 11 months, I was finally suppressor-approved!

I just had to try out the brand new Gov-approved-stamp suppressor, on Sunday, with the 6.5 x 280 AI at 600 and 900.

Settled on 3 clicks up and 2 clicks right and it's right back on the money with the suppressor.

*not much wind to play with and groups were too good to publish on the internet.

Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great post! Thanks.

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Fantastic article; thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post