THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    22 caliber at 1,000 feet question
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 caliber at 1,000 feet question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeeShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Anyone who thinks a .22 LR only drifts 4" at 1000 yds in a 1 mph is simply stating they have not done a lot of long range shooting. A Berger 300gr OTM at 3000 fps drifts just over that.

Pee: I suppose you held off for the correct spin drift too, huh?

Well I was told all the information I posted by someone on this Forum, so find that person and give him all your shit.

In spite of everything you guys throw at me, I hit 5 out of 10 shots on a 22x22 target at 1,000 yards with a .22 and I could give a shit if you think so or not. The numbers have no relevance to what I infact did, somehow I performed the shots and that's all that counts.

Now all you bitching trolls go back in your hole under the bridge. I don't want to hear your shit anymore.

One has to wonder how many bounced off the ground before hitting the target...certainly possible given the low velocity.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But he said he hit 5. I guess if it bounced it still counts. Yuk Yuk Yuk!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question, What scope, rings, and bases did you use?

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your scope would be 2FEET above the rear part of the barrel and inclined so the front bell is almost touching the barrel ( given a target scope that is 14" long and has 45 min of elevation .
Just saying !

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is turned into the "Let's look more stupid and make more outrageous statements than Chuck Schumer" thread.

Sure as hell I'm a LOT smarter than all of you. I guess none of you can grasp the simple concept it takes to make a long shot without the proper tools. I did quite well at it, apparently y'all are too stupid to figure it out.

And ot the dumb asses saying the bullets bounced; how about you stand 1,000 yards away and let me shoot you.

You're all dumber than a box of nails, I'll be unsubscribing so go ahead and talk shit among you stupid people, you all think you're all smart and don't know any better so I'm sure stupid people will all get a good kick out of it. I'd be embarrassed if I said any of the shit you guys are saying.

So have fun dummies.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 13 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is turned into the "Let's look more stupid and make more outrageous statements than Chuck Schumer" thread.

Sure as hell I'm a LOT smarter than all of you. I guess none of you can grasp the simple concept it takes to make a long shot without the proper tools. I did quite well at it, apparently y'all are too stupid to figure it out.

And ot the dumb asses saying the bullets bounced; how about you stand 1,000 yards away and let me shoot you.

You're all dumber than a box of nails, I'll be unsubscribing so go ahead and talk shit among you stupid people, you all think you're all smart and don't know any better so I'm sure stupid people will all get a good kick out of it. I'd be embarrassed if I said any of the shit you guys are saying.

So have fun dummies.

Pee:

I will admit I learn things every day from those experienced on AR. But to call us stupid when you assumed a .22 RF only drifts 4 inches in a 1 mph wind at 1000 yards demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge and experience. The drop figure of 108 inches is totally laughable - anyone who has done any long range shooting knows all bullets require more holdover than 108 inches. So go ahead and call us stupid. I won't call you stupid because I don't have to: you demonstrated it.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

So have fun dummies.

Pee:

I will admit I learn things every day from those experienced on AR. But to call us stupid when you assumed a .22 RF only drifts 4 inches in a 1 mph wind at 1000 yards demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge and experience. The drop figure of 108 inches is totally laughable - anyone who has done any long range shooting knows all bullets require more holdover than 108 inches. So go ahead and call us stupid. I won't call you stupid because I don't have to: you demonstrated it.

Well thank you, you have proven it is those of you who are stupid since it was a member of this forum that gave me that information in a thread that NOBODY disputed.

Thanks again for admitting the stupidity of members here; you've all proven again with your idiotic comments. Y'all ought to run for president under the democrat party.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Pee,
More opinions from the great unwashed.

http://forum.accurateshooter.c...-1000-yards.3930873/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was shooting yesterday at 770 and 800 yards with a .300 RUM and .338 Edge. Held anywhere from 1 to 3 MOA for wind depending on the wind speed and angle. Should have had a .22 RF I guess. All shots would have hit a 22x22 target, but that ain't sayin' much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the Title changed to "1,000 feet"...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Interesting that the Title changed to "1,000 feet"...

Goes to show you how observant you are, it's a typo dumbass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 1000 ft or the 1000 yd ? Again I'm just curious .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just notice the title change.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Just notice the title change.

Hey dumbass, read the thread. No wonder the posts by you guys are so stupid, you can't read.