New
Find
Notify
Tools

McKinney PD LR shooter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Congratulations to McKinney Police Officer Lindsey Paul, who is now a world record holder!
Ofc. Paul, a member of our Mounted Patrol Unit, takes part in Extreme Long Range shooting competitions, and as she explains, “In most competitions we engage steel targets at distances from 1500-4000 yds. Last week I was competing at the NRA Whittington Center and in one of the matches every competitor was able to make a cold bore world record attempt. On Friday I set a new cold bore world record by having three impacts on the first target of the day at a distance of 2464 yds (1.4 miles) Earlier this year I had my furthest impact in competition at 3155 yds (1.79 miles).”
And for those of you curious as to what she used, she adds, “The rifle I shoot is a .375 Cheytac built by Alamo Precision Rifles in North Richland Hills.”

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbc...4a142473&oe=611A9894

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THAT'S far! Wow!
Congrats to her for the stellar work.

I shoot far, by some standards, but my ranges are paltry compared to those distances.

I shoot out to 900 almost weekly but rarely beyond that. There's not a rifle in my stable that will dial to 1.79 miles.

Having shot the 375 Cheytac, I can attest it's a beast of a cartridge and my buddy's rifle is so heavy that it should come with wheels!

Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post