Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 H&H loads
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for someone out there on the Accurate forum to provide me with reloading data for the .300 H&H magnum by using a bullet from 230 gr to and including 275 gr by using any bullet (a thru Z) manufacture with your powder,brass,and primer for a Model 70 Pre-64 Winchester with a 26 inch barrel that has been Mag-na-ported .

Bob R. Hess
bobrhess

Life;Patron;Endowment member NRA;
Life member:BASS;NAHC;RMEF;WSF;
Member DRSS;ADBSS;NBS:RMBSS;
DSCI;HSCI;SCI INT"L;AOPA;EAA;
Alaska Airmen Ass'n;Idaho Airman;
Baja Int'l Bush Pilots;CMSELI.

Posts: 11 | Location: Glendale,CA | Registered: 23 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Hess,

There are numerous published books with load data for the .300 H&H. If you are going to load ammunition, this is where you should be looking for load data, not off the internet. What works well in rifle, may or may not work in another.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobrhess:
I am looking for someone out there on the Accurate forum to provide me with reloading data for the .300 H&H magnum by using a bullet from 230 gr to and including 275 gr by using any bullet (a thru Z) manufacture with your powder,brass,and primer for a Model 70 Pre-64 Winchester with a 26 inch barrel that has been Mag-na-ported .

Bob R. Hess
bobrhess

I got to ask what bullet are you using that is a 275 grain 308 cal? I doubt there is no way your pre-64 barrel will stabilze that.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
FYI.....the classic 300 H&H load was a 200 grain bullet.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I usually shoot 200gr out of my bolt action .300 H&H, I have shot some 220's, but nothing larger. I would think that the 200gr Barnes TTSX would be comparable to a 235 bonded type.

That should be anything you would need from that caliber. If you need more, maybe move to a .375 H&H.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is an article I read years ago that influenced my decision to own a rifle chambered in 300 H&H.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/a...le_300hh_oct2803.asp

I've developed a couple loads for the 180 and 200 grainers.

Waiting for Nosler to release their 190 gr. long range Accubonds. Plan to have a CDS dial calibrated for the BC of that bullet. Should be fun.

My rattle-can Remington 700

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post