Find
Notify
Tools

Bergara
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
We have been playing with a 308 Bergara HMR 14 at the range and so far I am really impressed with it.

We are overpriced on Bergaras in Europe at about 1000 Euros for a standard B14, and the HMR is about 1400 Euros. Gunbroker shows you guys are getting the HMR for about $950. What a steal it is at that.

Some thoughts.

700 pattern action, takes all 700 aftermarket triggers, stocks, scope mounts.

Barrel is a Savage set up with a Savage small shank set up and is user changeable with replacement Savage barrels available from Krieger, Proof and a variety of other resources.

Stock adjustment is rock solid, maybe not as quick as that on the Grodas systems, but nice. And solid, even better than any adjustable stock I have had from McMillan.

This thing is reinforced plastic, and tougher than woodpecker lips. Doesn't really flex.

Kind of hard to justify a custom 700 clone action for $850-1800 when you can buy this rifle $950, just saying.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post

This is the one we have been playing with.

I am excited about these two.

[IMG]http://www.bergararifles.com/en/upload/productos/B-14-Ridge-12-5-17%20(2000x349).jpg[/IMG]

This is the Ridge, I'd swap out the stock for something I can adjust but other than that perfection for $850.

This is the HMR

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The after market barrels shoot well too.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the Savage had a barrel nut setup which makes it easy to change barrels but I don't see that on either of these rifles.
What am I missing?
Zeke

Posts: 2270 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post