THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Long Range Hunting and Training DVDs

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Hunting and Training DVDs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have one from vertebrae in Norway that is good.

I have the David Tubb stuff.

I have the Brian Litz stuff.

I have the Defensive Edge stuff.

and I have the stuff from Accuracy First.

All of it is good. Some is better than others.

The free training that Gunwerks has online and on their DVD is also solid.

what are some other options?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best option would be to practice at said distances by doping & calling shots prior to experimenting on game animals.

Clanging gongs or busting rocks isn't precision shooting it's guessing!

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot out to about 1300 pretty regularly. We have a big BLM property that I dump a target on and then drive down the road until I am .8 miles in the truck.

I shoot the 100-600 yard gongs several times a week.

I disagree on gongs. They give instant feedback, that no spotting scope can get you on.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I shoot out to about 1300 pretty regularly. We have a big BLM property that I dump a target on and then drive down the road until I am .8 miles in the truck.

I shoot the 100-600 yard gongs several times a week.

I disagree on gongs. They give instant feedback, that no spotting scope can get you on.

Agree as well re: gongs, and rocks to the same thing. Allows to see exactly how well you called the wind. Unless you have someone pulling frames and marking every shot, shooting paper doesn't cut it. Even then, most ranges have berms that make wind "unnatural." They also have flags that make it too easy to just look at the flag and not really dope it like you would in the field.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We don't have a NRA Fullbore range here, so no pits, and no marked targets.

We do have tons of burms, and they play hell with wind.

I have found the most use out of driving to a power line on BLM and setting up my gong and driving as far away as I want to get that day.

Then I'll reverse it and shoot it in the opposite wind.

We are lucky with BLM where we live.