Notify
Tools

Norma 338 Lapua 300 Grain ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Lets put it this way. You sell rifles that are complete systems, rifle, mount, ammo and scope. Why would you risk a second variable that could come up in heavy shot string, beyond the time you sold it?

We aren't talking about a factory rifle capable of Sub MOA or better accuracy for $450-1200.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I was wrong. Gunwerks is fluting barrels.

Send the bad call bricks my way.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
please keep us aware of new discoveries...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you guys are kidding right? The barrel being unscrewed by the torgue generated?

If there was that much resistance between the barrel and the bullet the barrel coming "unscrewed" would be the least of your worries!

Unless i saw this with my own eyes I will call BS on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by eddiel4:
Wyoming, I read your comment about the generated torque unscrewing the barrel. I wonder if the rifling twist shouldn't be reversed the other way so that it continually tightens instead? Just a thought...

It was a Barnard, but it isn't the first rifle I have heard about. A HS Precision rifle did the same thing to a friend and it was a 1 in 10 308 with a 26 inch barrel.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
you guys are kidding right? The barrel being unscrewed by the torgue generated?

If there was that much resistance between the barrel and the bullet the barrel coming "unscrewed" would be the least of your worries!

Unless i saw this with my own eyes I will call BS on this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by eddiel4:
Wyoming, I read your comment about the generated torque unscrewing the barrel. I wonder if the rifling twist shouldn't be reversed the other way so that it continually tightens instead? Just a thought...

It was a Barnard, but it isn't the first rifle I have heard about. A HS Precision rifle did the same thing to a friend and it was a 1 in 10 308 with a 26 inch barrel.

It was the second time I had heard of it. The HS on a rifle owned by an Aussie-Italian friend, and the 7.82 Warbird on that Barnard.

Rifle torque is a real thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I received 2 boxes of 300 Grain, 2 boxes of 250 grain in the Norma, and 2 boxes of Hunting Shack 300 Grain Bergers.

I'll post a report, when the California government says I can pick up my rifle.

A lot of the guys on the TRG forum are not having good luck with Berger bullets.