Find
Notify
Tools

New LR Toy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
a ruler - that what the governor thinks he is - where did you get his picture

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Men's Room wall :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
It's a Blaser 338 Win Mag in Semi-Weight (heavy) profile, with a Holland brake. A 338 WM chamber "cleans up" quite nicely into a 338 RUM.

That'll work. tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a bit more horsepower, for sure.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, I didn't realize they let civilians have toys like that in New Jersey.
How 'bout some pitchers of 1,000-yard groups?

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, out here in the NE, a 1,000 yard range crosses state lines :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill, out here in the NE, a 1,000 yard range crosses state lines :-)

Why I would never live out there...I can shoot as far as I want within an hour of downtown Phoenix.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just kidding...actually where I live in the Appalachian range, I'm surrounded by dairy and hay operations. I have a 300ytard range on my property, and can shoot across the grain fields as far as I care to.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just kidding...actually where I live in the Appalachian range, I'm surrounded by dairy and hay operations. I have a 300-tard range on my property, and can shoot across the grain fields as far as I care to.

Now you're talkin'

I am off blue fin fishing this morning in PEI.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Biebs,

Awesome set up however I don't think I can't find sturdy enough gunbearers:-((
I'm interest in how that "chamber conversion" works. Can a competent Gunsmith do it or does he need extra special tools/skills, being a BLOUSER and all??? I've told that special reamers are needed as "average" reamers just scratch chambers..
I have a 338WM in semi weight and want to have it reamed out to 340WM. I have brass and fireforming belted brass is easier in Africa than finding RUM brass. BUT the RUM sounds better..:-)
What About the bolt head and the Magazine insert in the standard blaser stock setup?
RUM/Weatherby ideal back up round IMO
I'm not a Blouser basher but serious convert to the dark side Big Grin
Would really appreciate the advice from a true Blaser man!!
Regards
Leon

Posts: 246 | Registered: 23 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leon, the Blaser barrels are hardened to the point that normal reamers and drill bits are not up to the task of cutting them. There's a guy in Montana who does mostly Blaser rechamberings, and has the proper carbide tools. M<y barrel shipped the other day. I'll let you know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hardened barrels ? What steel do they make them with ?
Please don't shoot to the west , It will be too easy to reach me with the .338RUM ! faint You should limit those shots to your NJ bears ! Did you see the post of a fellow that wanted to use a 375 H&H for black bear .I guess he confused them with a T-Rex ! Roll Eyes

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mete, I believe they nitride them....i know most gunsmiths don't want to work on them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really Nice!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post