Find
Notify
Tools

6mm BR ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I learned a few things this weekend. Went up to Hart to pick up a few things. They had the 1000yd target rifles out. One was 6BR and the other was in 7mm, can't remember the cartridge. Heavy rifles. The rests were made by SEB.

Up to 120rnd match. I was surprised by the calibers.

Posts: 6355 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The little 6mmBR holds a lot of records
lt's been played about with case wise, with such as the 6mmBR-A (Ackley), 6mmBR-X, 6mm Dasher and others all trying to improve on the original one way or another.
My LHG shoots a 6mmBR out to 1k and has never felt under-gunned. She's used it in the past for deer stalking too.

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I had a Zastava mini mauser made to 7mm BR.

Barreled by a guy in florida that is long gone (not BR quality) it is a good shooter.

Posts: 6355 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
l've toyed for some time with having a 7mmBR done, in something light as a woodland stalking rifle for Roe.
lt would be ideal for much of what l do these days and would help to stretch out the like of my much loved old 7-08rem.

The LHG loves her 6mm, as with light bullets (65grn v-max) it hammers magpies around the paddocks and with heavier bullets (88grn Berger VT) it will step out without shoving her about with recoil

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Rich,
I use a 6 BRX for my long range matches that allow the use of a different caliber other than 308 Win. It's a pretty good little cartridge that does not beat you up as I still shoot sling and jacket. 33 grs. of Varget and a Berger 108

Posts: 746 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post