THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Made some pretty cool targets and mounts

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Made some pretty cool targets and mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
Have some steel hung up on my personal range and didn't like the fact that all my targets were hung with a t-post mount that was "capped" so I was limited to one target per post.

I do like using t-posts however. Tough enough to withstand a few direct impacts (haven't knocked one down in a few years of shooting), and cheap to replace if you do hurt them.

Which led me to make these guys:

Springloaded design (they ring like crazy), and a grade 8 carriage bolt to keep the target from spinning while being pretty tough. Two grade 8 bolts in the back let you slide the target up and down the t-post so you can have several targets hung vertically.

Thought you guys might like it! Attached is a gridded target I made for super quick group measurement.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Might want to reduce the picture size.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
T post target! I like it!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
whoops. Forgot those pictures are gigantic. Should be better in a few minutes

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Sharp looking target!!

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the targets but are they hard to see at 500 to 1000 yards with them being of a dark color?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2757 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The garage makes a great back stop for those fliers, is it the neighbors?

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2295 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Haha fliers I never have those Wink

They would certainly be hard to see at 500 to 1000 yards as raw AR500...but that's why you paint em!

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Are you making some for sale?

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late response! Yep, they are available at mkmachining.com for $30.

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Got ya...going to order a few...

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some of these and I think they are very well made and a great deal. I bought some other brand before seeing these and I'm impressed with these. I need to get them set up and get to hear some more ringing. They are sitting on my four wheeler just waiting for me to get outside. Thanks Ty, great product.

Posts: 47 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 15 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post