THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Remington 700 Platinum SA .308 OR Remington SPS Tactical???

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Platinum SA .308 OR Remington SPS Tactical???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have just sold my great Remington 700 LTS in .308. The stock was some too "beefy" for me and it was heavy.
I am now looking ata replacement Remington 700 based rifle for hunting and some long distance shooting out to 700 yards.

Do any of you out there know much about the teo guns I'm thinking about buying? I do want a very accurate rifle.
I an old guy and have been shooting and handloading for 50 years. i just don't like heavy anymore.

Rusty in Alaska

"The worst enemies of firearms are....rust and politicians!".

Posts: 28 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 18 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
700 Platinum??
700 Ti-Titanium's were offered several years ago.

If you're looking for a lwt packing rig look at a Rem Seven.

All other variations of the 700 vary by surface finish,barrel contour/length & stock configuration.
Bbl contours-
Mtn Rifle
Sporter
Sporter Magnum
Varmint
40XB
40XBBR

The actions/bolts/trigger groups & stocks are interchangeable-basically!

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post