THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Change fahrenheit to Celsius in xls file

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Change fahrenheit to Celsius in xls file
 Login/Join

Picture of Hutzpah-
posted
I am using the calc form made by Rex to work out my muzzle velocity.
“Ammo Temp MV Curve TABLES – TiborasaurusRex” as viewed on you-tube.
My problem is that its in Fahrenheit and it would be better for me here in NZ, if it were in Celsius.

Does anyone know how to change it to Celsius?

Posts: 24 | Location: Mamaku New Zealand | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the formula for C to F or F to C is that a C degree equals 9/5 F and when converted 32 is added.

So, example: 25 C = 25 x 9, /5 - 45 + 32 = 77 F.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hutzpah-
posted Hide Post
Ray B and Smokin Joe thanks for your comments.

I should have worded my question better. Is their any way I can change the calc form so it users -5,0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35 degrees Celsius?
This would make it easer when I have to do interpolation between two numbers? At the moment for 0 degrees fahrenheit I use -17.7 which is not very user friendly.

Posts: 24 | Location: Mamaku New Zealand | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's only one thing you have to remember !
- 40 F = -40 C ! Ask any polar bear . wave wave Roll Eyes

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
C*2+32

So -5C

-5*2= -10

-10+32=22

22 deg (really 23 but close enough)

another one 35C

35*2= 70

70+32 = 102

102deg (really 95 but close enough)

Posts: 6361 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
C*2+32

So -5C

-5*2= -10

-10+32=22

22 deg (really 23 but close enough)

another one 35C

35*2= 70

70+32 = 102

102deg (really 95 but close enough)

102 is a far cry from 95. If speed is an issue, just draw a chart:

-40 C = -40 F
0 C = 32 F
20 C = 68 F
40 C = 104 F

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just use the correct formulas:

(C x 1.8) + 32 = F
(F-32) X 5/9 = C

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hutzpah-
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for their comments.
I will use the form as it is. But will put the effort in and get my chronograph out. Manually updating the info on a chart. Will have to wait for summer for the higher temperatures.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutzpah-:
I will use the form as it is. But will put the effort in and get my chronograph out. Manually updating the info on a chart. Will have to wait for summer for the higher temperatures.

that's why God gave us the calculator. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hutzpah-:

Or winter for lower ones, -40 degrees is about the same on either scale...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post