Find
Notify
Tools

New 700 Sendaro in 7mm
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I ended up in a weird 9 way trade for a new 700 Sendaro in 7mm Remington Magnum.

It is a very different animal than the 25-06 Sendaro I owned for years and a totally different animal than the 300 Police rifle I owned.

The stock is very different, the barrel looks very good.

Any suggestions, I want to shoot the heaviest Bergers and Monos that will stabilize. I am probably going to put the stock on ebay, and bed it into a GRS stock or a KRG chassis.

I have a new Nightforce direct mount that I'll put on it, and it will either end up with a Nightforce NXS or now that Leupold has expanded the military discount a higher magnification VX-6.

I have not messed with the new Remington triggers, so that might get swapped out as well. I'd like to try a Huber.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never shot anything heavier than 162gn and 168gn bullets from my 1-9" twist Lilja. Remington barrels are 1-9.25" in 7mm and I shot 175gn Partitions out of my last one.

I had a KRG X-Ray and never could love it. I won a $250 certificate for one at a rifle match last month so I may give the Whiskey a run.

Get the Nightforce over the Leupold.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sendero .300 RUM that is really accurate; I might have had it bedded; I can't remember.

I agree with 7mmfreak about the Nightforce. Put on a 20 MOA base while you are at it; you may not need it now, but if you start shooting at really long ranges, it will come in handy. Remember most, if not all, scopes top out in W/E before the knobs stop spinning, something you can easily identify using a barrel stud boresighter.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
My .300 Win Sendero shot <.5 MOA out of the box with just a little trigger tuning.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sendero is in .300 Win Mag. I shimmed the rear base 0.030" and recut and lapped the rings. It likes the 165 Nosler Ballistic Tips and 200 grain Sierra Game King bullets. I have some of the 190 Hornady BTSP that I will play with one of these days when making a living doesn't take up all my time.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

Posts: 2389 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I had to shim the rear base on the original black Sendaro I had in 25-06.

This rifle is slicker than frog snot by comparison. I think it is CNC machined.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The current RR fre-fix serial numbered receivers are CNC machined in AL.
Set up was accomplished by Dave Kiff/PT&G.

The Huber trigger groups are-expensive...junk.

Install a BixNAndy 2 stage trigger group w/ safety/bolt release & don't look back.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got an RR and while the action seems cleaner and didn't require base bedding the bolt handle has .027" gap compare to the .010" or so on my other Remington rifles and the .004-.006" on my custom guns. Primary extraction isn't difficult but it's not super smooth. I bet it took forever to get Kiff through that setup in Alabama and he probably had to come back at least once to fix it if it's like dealing with PT&G.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post