New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm Pistol 2,010 Yard Record
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Flight time was 11.7 seconds. Pretty Impressive.

quote:

Former ICE Agent Victor Avila Makes Record 2,010-Yard Pistol Shot

USING MULTIPLE OPTICS AND TECHNOLOGY FROM USA1SHOT, VICTOR AVILA HIT A STEEL TARGET AT A REMARKABLE 2,010 YARDS, SETTING A NEW WORLD RECORD.

By TACTICAL LIFE

There’s going long, then there’s going long. Retired ICE Special Agent Victor Avila went really long recently, setting a new distance record for pistol shooting. Avila hit a steel target out at 2,010 yards.

The shot came on an ELR target, using a 10mm pistol. Avila also scored multiple hits on a 1,650 ELR target using a Glock 23. The shooter used 1ShotSystems from USA1SHOT, along with several optical systems designed by Robert Gilmer and Jim Olson. The previous world record holder, C. Sawyer, coached Avila during the 90-minute shoot. Remarkably, Avila made all shots from a standing, offhand position.

Dubbed the ARENA competition, the event was held to demonstrate handgun capabilities. Using advanced technologies, including USA1SHOT and EOTech, shooters make first-shot hits at distances previously considered unimaginable.

Avila spent a career combating human trafficking and drug cartels. He’s currently running for City Counsel in the town of Southlake, Texas.

The 2,010-yard shot puts Avila in some incredible company. According to the video, the legendary Bob Munden established the modern-day record at 200 yards in 1978. Then another legend, Jerry Miculek, stretched the record to 1,000 yards, using a 9mm pistol in 2014. Since then, R. Gilmer Sawyer twice broke the record, at 1,120 and 1,760 yards, followed now by Avila. Want some more long distance? Global Precision Group hit a 6,000-yard rifle shot back in 2019. Keep going long, shooters!

Link To Video: https://www.tactical-life.com/...-record-pistol-shot/

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Amazing! tu2

Posts: 18516 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see the ballistics info on the load. The ballistics arc would resemble a mortar round.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
velocity calculates to <0

Posts: 6346 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AKA - The gravity Coefficient.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a observation/question on that video....at that range, that bullet would be dropping almost vertical. Wouldn't the bullet hit be at a steep angle, making more of a vertical smear, than a round dot (and bouncing off the target)?

Please correct me, if I'm missing something? Andy3

Posts: 108 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 29 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the bullet hit the target at a 40 degree'ish angle with the force of a peewee third baseman.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR has several that do this all day long.

Posts: 3794 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are at The Black Rock Desert.
I understand the bullet is hardly moving at the target range but they still have no backstop. I could be driving out there!

Looks like they are promoting a pistol brace.

Posts: 1222 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch the video so i can't say much about that.
I realize there was a lot of high tech equipment used to calculate the shot. I understand that it takes a lot of skill to make such a shot.
I was wondering how many shots it took to actually hit that target? Also can he do it again? Perhaps several times in a row?
One shot does make a tiny group. More may be larger but can indicate more skill.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of WV3568
posted Hide Post
quite a shot, with the flight time involved.

Posts: 75 | Location: South Charleston, WV | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO it's not a pistol shot, it's a short barreled rifle shot. The USA1SHOT is an attached buttstock, so it's shoulder fired.

Posts: 414 | Registered: 07 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
quote:
USA1SHOT

It’s not attached. It is gripped in place. No Nfa issues.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
This is a much better shot.....

Austin 2017, police officer on horse shoots gunman at 104 yards with a M&P .40 S&W.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/aus...topped-crazed-gunman

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3019 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Another shout-out for Sgt. Johnson!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post