THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    My long range rig coming in place
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My long range rig coming in place
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally getting around to putting it all together.

Using a blaser safari all steel chassis - it heavy as it was designed for 458 Lott and 500 jefferies

I got a blaser 6.5 creedmoor match barrel - it arrived today and I ran off to the range with it.

I mounted a blaser 2.8-20x 50mm scope. It is an excellent hunting scope (and super expensive). It is also complicated as hell to set up. German’s write crappy manuals and there were no good YouTube videos. I had to call a nuclear submarine commander to set it up correctly Wink

It was a crappy rainy day. I used 3 different boxes of ammo. 2 match - nosler and hornady and 1 cheap box of federal soft points.

At 100 meters nosler shot .33 inches.

At 300 meters I shot 1.16 inches w/ the federal soft point ammo.

I was stretching the scope at 300 for shooting any tighter groups.

I need to get a night force benchrest scope.

Overall very pleased.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A normal rifle with a normal Leopoldo scope for normal people.

Funny fishermen require all the complications they can muster to play with funny looking toys! jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
A normal rifle with a normal Leopoldo scope for normal people.

Funny fishermen require all the complications they can muster to play with funny looking toys! jumping

Haters going to hate dancing

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don’t hate anyone or anything.

Just pointing out the illogic of some brains!

I bet these are short circuit the logical part between the ears.

A couple more short circuits and you would have become a woman!

Or worse! rotflmo

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or worse! rotflmo

Deep down Saeed you know the blaser platform is the world’s best rifle Big Grin Even the wise Walter uses one and he is a gunsmith than could build his own rifle.

The blaser scope is pretty awesome too.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Or worse! rotflmo

Deep down Saeed you know the blaser platform is the world’s best rifle Big Grin Even the wise Walter uses one and he is a gunsmith than could build his own rifle.

Mike

Walter’s wisdom is on a par with dung beetle! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I take it that’s why you put him in charge of the PF?

A dung beetle to roll up the bull excrement? holycow

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

Or worse! rotflmo

Mike

Walter’s wisdom is on a par with dung beetle! rotflmo

Posts: 10478 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing I notice about Blaser owners. They are constantly trying to justify bad decision making and poor taste.

Just admit it, you bought into the hype and bullshit so stop trying to justify your mistake. The rest of us know the truth.

coffee

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Opus on the Blaser owner thing. One thing that is very obvious is that the OP has little to no experience in the long range game. Otherwise, he (or anyone else in his shoes) could do a simple google search and find what equipment the long range shooters/hunters use, which he obviously did not.

For the long range game, a Blaser anything would not even be considered if it were me. The only thing he mentioned that has any merit is getting a NF scope. I wonder if he ever reads his own sig line?

Posts: 30 | Registered: 10 June 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot F-Class for four years in both Open class and a few T/R shoots. NEVER did I EVER see a SINGLE Blaser on the line.... EVER.

But it's great that one wants to punch holes in distance paper targets with one, but don't mistake it for a serious long range target rifle... no one else does.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I shot F-Class for four years in both Open class and a few T/R shoots. NEVER did I EVER see a SINGLE Blaser on the line.... EVER.

But it's great that one wants to punch holes in distance paper targets with one, but don't mistake it for a serious long range target rifle... no one else does.

Opus1:

I have found that target/competitive shooters shoot what works. You don't see Blasers, nor do you see M98 Mausers, the action that supposedly has never been improved or bested by newer actions.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't see Blasers, nor do you see M98 Mausers, the action that supposedly has never been improved or bested by newer actions.

Isn't that the truth!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing I notice about Blaser owners. They are constantly trying to justify bad decision making and poor taste.

Just admit it, you bought into the hype and bullshit so stop trying to justify your mistake. The rest of us know the truth.

coffee

animal

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Opus1:

I have found that target/competitive shooters shoot what works. You don't see Blasers, nor do you see M98 Mausers, the action that supposedly has never been improved or bested by newer actions.

Guys in Norway do pretty well with a Blaser

https://youtu.be/HKbKAezNh5c

These guys like blasers to and may be Doing a long range shooting clinic for Blaser owners.

http://ftwsaam.com/SAAMTraining.aspx?id=prcsn

And it cost a bolt head and a barrel to add a 300 Norma or 338 Lapua to the platform.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser owners need clinics. So no surprises there.

Shame they don't offer etiquette and taste clinics, but I suppose if they did, they'd have no repeat clientele so...