New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris MTAC 4.5-14 Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cabelas has these on sale for $250. Great price on this scope. I have had several over the years. All have tracked perfectly, have good glass and none have given me trouble on rifles from .243 up to .340 Bee.

Just a plug for a good scope IMO. These aren't new fangled gimmick scopes, just simple AO with good turrets and good build quality.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you for the heads up. I needed to stop by there anyway tomorrow.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That price is appealing, but why can't I find any info on this model? I'm guessing it's discontinued?

Also, the Cabela's info says the adjustment is 0.1" at 100 yards, but I'm guessing it 0.1mil and the reticle is in mills too... I can't find the range of adjustment, but the point of a 30mm tube is to have a lot.

How is Cabela's to deal with for returns?

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are discontinued. These have the ballistic reticle which hasn't been made for a while. Cabelas must have a huge pile of these. They have put them on sale before.

The turrets are in 1/10 mil, 5 mils per revolution. 64 MOA of adjustment according to the book, no idea why they didn't stick with mils for that.

Cabelas has been very good on returns for me, but I have never returned a scope. Boots and such they take back even with substantial wear.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up today!

ordered it online and three days later it was here.

Great looking scope.

shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I ordered one last night, cannot go wrong at that price. I have several older Burris scopes that are quite good. Thanks for the heads up!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the way. Will be prefect for my 22-250 rebarrel.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Got mine in 3 days also. Scope is bright and clear. Seems to be a great buy for the money.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're all gone now.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Glad I didn't wait. Says mine will deliver tomorrow the 14th.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Just had a 18x12x10 inch box dropped on the front porch from Cabalas. Sharp looking scope. Can't wait to get my barreled action back to mount and try it out. Thanks for the head ups

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this thread a bit too late and they were sold out.
Thanks for the heads-up on what looks to be a great scope!
Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last time they had these on sale they were 299. Still a pretty good price for what you get. The MTAC has better lens coatings that the Fullfield line didn't get. More in line with their Signature scopes that are sadly no longer made.

Hope you guys have fun with them. Merry Christmas.

Jeremy