THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Tracking Point story in Forbes Magazine

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracking Point story in Forbes Magazine
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got the current issue of Forbes in today's mail. Interesting story about Tracking Point. Seems there have been some quality problems. Company lost money the first year.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Roaddog
posted Hide Post
Who is Jeff Blair?

Molon Labe!
NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 74 | Location: Somewhere between South Dakota and Arizona | Registered: 01 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Roaddog
posted Hide Post
Never mind about Jeff Blair. I just read the attachment to the above post. What a piece of work.

Molon Labe!
NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 74 | Location: Somewhere between South Dakota and Arizona | Registered: 01 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted in the Eastern Cape where they filmed their promo short. My PH said they had constant problems with the rifles.

Posts: 481 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: 20 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
The TP system represents an interesting body of work from a technology standpoint. Having shot their systems and participated in a number of discussions (recommendations for improvement and needed features) with former TP employees, I don't find the comment about "problems" in the field suprising.

Excellent technology platform for military use if tweaked to remove what I considered to be "issues" that would impact adoptability and optimal usability in the field.

As a fellow Austinite I wish the company nothing but the best and hope they are able to work through the issues they uncovered during field use.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post