THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    New Australian made Chassis Stocks

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Australian made Chassis Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I'm not sure if this is the best location to post this but........... A young bloke I work with, has been refining his fully machined, Aluminum chassis stocks and I thought some of you may be interested in them.
here is the link to the Face Book page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages...875430916447?fref=ts

Hope that helps

Regards
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't do facebook. Perhaps he could post some information about it here?

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Unfortunately jpl, this may not happen but......
Lets try Facebook+GC Precision Developments

Regards
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2950 | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Mike Burke, you are not only a Gentleman, you are The Best!
Thank You for that,very much appreciated!

jpl, I hope that helps you view these products and also, to enjoy some of the video's on them being machined.

Regards
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the bedding system?

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Blair 338RUM, to the best of my knowledge, it is a Vee-Block type bedding arrangement!
With the range work I have been present at, barreled actions were just bolted in and shot exceedingly well (Sub-MOA), with factory ammo!
For more detailed info, you may be better contacting GC Precision Development, via the FB page!!!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

one of us
posted Hide Post
What are the price?

Posts: 1935 | Registered: 30 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like $2400 USD on the url.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was hoping it was NZD not USD.

Posts: 1935 | Registered: 30 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mucho chipo!!

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an update to the original post, here is the url for their website since many of us avoid Facebook...

http://www.gcpdarms.com/

The prices I saw are $2450.00 AUSD which is about $1872.00 USD. This puts them right in the same price point as J.Allen Enterprises which is considered to be the U.S. version of a premium chassis system.

This does not include shipping of course.

Nice looking stock but the same can be accomplished here for less I'm sure. Try looking at the MDT website even though they are Canadian like Cadex Defense which is the more expensive of the two. Both offer great customer service to those of us here in the U.S.

Posts: 52 | Location: The Great Southwest | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
They are nice stocks. A friend of mine is a Canberra Gunsmith, and he reckons they are one of the nicer options for the Tikka.

The man is a master machinist.

There are actually quite a few of those in the capitol region though.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DZ:
As an update to the original post, here is the url for their website since many of us avoid Facebook...

http://www.gcpdarms.com/

Thanks for the link, it doesn't load for me though. Like you said, the price point opens up some other options. I wonder when the chinese will get into the tacticool market. They've taken over a lot of other specialty manufacturing niches.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post