THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Long range bullet heads ,berger or what else?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long range bullet heads ,berger or what else?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted
I have a Danish guy shooting this week ,he has loaded burger 210 grain heads for his DSR 1 ,are there any other heads out there that can perform accurately without being so easily effected by seating or powder type ,we are not worried about the kill ,just the accuracy

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Sierra match kings.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler Accubond Long Range

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady AMAX bullets

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
Matrix Bullets. I shoot the 190's in 7mm and a wildcat cartridge we are testing right now is launching the 6.5 160gr Matrix at 3450fps.

http://www.matrixballistics.co...r-rifle-bullets.html

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cutting Edge, GS Custom, Rocky Mountain. All lathe cut monolithics.

JLK is very similar to Berger.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ABLR's

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting Bergers lately. Wow is all I can say. 300 gr .338 bullet is awesome in both of my .338s. Will try 30s next.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have switched over to the CEB raptors in my 300 win mag. I get .1-.2 MoA prone with bipod. Very happy with them in accuracy and killing

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the preferred terminology is just "Bullet". Saying bullet head is sort of like saying peanut head instead of just peanut.

No offense meant...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

The real problem is that calling it a point, head, tip, projectile or whatever, makes the uninformed think that it is the part that is shot from the firearm and that bullets are loaded into the magazine/cylinder.

Be careful though, insisting on correct terminology got me banned from a forum a while back. Wink

Posts: 2848 | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would assumed that you are requesting .30 caliber projectile?

I've been very happy with these bullets.
Too bad monolithic bullet makers don't mentioned or post minimum twist ratio required.

http://www.swampworks.com/jlk/

Posts: 1935 | Registered: 30 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norseman,

The path to the technical profile of GSC bullets (all turned monometal) is: GSC website - Products - Technical Data - Choose a style of bullet - Click on the underlined link.

For example in 30 caliber: http://www.gscustomusa.com/308177HV198.html

In the left hand column you will find Minimum Twist.

Posts: 2848 | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FlatLine projectiles by Warner Tool Co in NH.
www.warner-tool.com

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 425 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btt

I need more info Smiler

I picked up a smokin deal over the weekend (I hope)

Brand new in box never shot Remington Model 700 Long Range Stainless in 300 Remington Ultra Mag with a Vortex Viper PST EBR2C MOA 6-24x50 FFP Scope mounted with one piece Talley Rings. $1600.00

I found a couple boxes of 300 RUM 180 Grain Remington Sciroccos and took it out over the weekend. The ammo was old and crap but was still able to group bullets at 200 yards in under an inch, with the occasional flyer from bad ammo. I then proceeded to spank the 300-400-500-600 and 700 yard steel targets at the local gun range using the MOA dots and standard drops, one shot "kills" each time.
The 1000 yard target gave me a little trouble but finally dialed it in after about 5 shots. At the local gun range the "novice" 1000 yard target is located on a hill a couple hundred feet higher than the bench rests and the wind was starting to play hell with me.

back to 30 caliber projectile designed for strictly long range targets for 300 Remington Ultra Mag

I was thinking of using Berger 185 or 200 Grain Hybrid Target or 200 grain Sierra Match Kings. Anyone who shoots and handloads a 300 RUM or has in depth knowledge about what works for these please give me a hand.

Thanks

Rory

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post