Notify
Tools

Quigley Ford scope.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
So Fellas,
I attended the Dillingham NRA dinner this last weekend and bought at auction a Quigley Ford scope. By the website it looks like it retails for $1200.00 and I bought it for $650.00.
Regardless the deal or savings, I have major buyers remorse.

As I understand it, you give the company your load data and they build the scope specifically for that. So, if I used it on my 330 Dakota with a 225g tsx, well there it is and we are so I can't put the scope on my -06 or something else.

I'd happily pass it on to one of y'all for nothing more than what I've got in it.

Any interest?

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That sounds like an interesting scope concept. Assuming as you say that it will be used only on one particular piece. That's not so bad either; I generally keep my same scopes on the same rifles. What is the magnification? Regardless it sounds like your money went to a good cause at least.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
That sounds like an interesting scope concept. Assuming as you say that it will be used only on one particular piece. That's not so bad either; I generally keep my same scopes on the same rifles. What is the magnification? Regardless it sounds like your money went to a good cause at least.

True, but $650.00 later, I said to myself,"I have no use for this!"

It's a 4-12. They have a website and apparently cut it to your specs out to longer than I want to shoot.

I have to buy windows and doors, flooring and decking for my new casa, so really just want my money back. 2020

Posts: 9022 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I can certainly understand that. We have all had buyers remorse; especially when the money is needed for home repairs + we don't even want to think about what the better half has to say about it.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might be surprised how well this works with other calibers, esp if it is not a first focal plane scope. For instance:

1. A 30.06 180 gr might not be dead on with the 500 yard stadia line when zeroed at 200. Just zero at 500 using the 500 yard stadia. Errors at closer distance will be minimal.
2. Identify the actual zero for each line; 500 might not be 500 in the 06; might be 480.
3. If not first focal, dial your scope down until the 500 yard line gives you the right drop; similar to no 1 above. You can measure subtensions at 100 yards with a grid

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
So Fellas,
I attended the Dillingham NRA dinner this last weekend and bought at auction a Quigley Ford scope. By the website it looks like it retails for $1200.00 and I bought it for $650.00.

As I understand it, you give the company your load data and they build the scope specifically for that. So, if I used it on my 330 Dakota with a 225g tsx, well there it is and we are so I can't put the scope on my -06 or something else.

I'd happily pass it on to one of y'all for nothing more than what I've got in it.

Any interest?

Have you talked to them about your desire for a standard reticule? I would be surprised and disappointed if they refused.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
So Fellas,

Any interest?

Have you talked to them about your desire for a standard reticule? I would be surprised and disappointed if they refused.

oops...late to the party...

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post