Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range new Ruger M77
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it should work.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new crop of precision rifles popping up every year is awesome.

Prices are dropping, quality is going up. We are in an awesome time to be interested in rifles.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
The new crop of precision rifles popping up every year is awesome.

Prices are dropping, quality is going up. We are in an awesome time to be interested in rifles.

I tell you what BWW, I buy several custom rifles per year but I continue to be stunned with the accuracy of my Savage Lapua.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This new Ruger has a two stage trigger, and a 1 in 9 twist barrel in 300 Winchester.

I hope they build a 1 in 8 7mm Rem Mag and 1 in 8 6.5-284.

Ruger more than anyone is paying attention to the long range market.

Savage, Ruger, Tikka, Howa and Bergara are kicking ass over everyone else under $1500.

Nosler, Cooper and Christensens and a few others, are selling semi-custom rifles for under $2500.

Great time to be interested in long range shooting.

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Savage, Ruger, Tikka, Howa and Bergara are kicking ass over everyone else under $1500.

Great time to be interested in long range shooting.

Indeed. I couldn't resist this for $925 especially when just the stock sells for $650.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of cdparker
posted Hide Post
I really would like to see someone do an accuracy comparison between these guns. Being an old Fhart, My thoughts about Ruger's is that their accuracy is lacking. But that was before they made their own barrels. No matter the looks or price, if it ain't accurate, I have no interest.

Posts: 58 | Location: Mat Valley, Alaska | Registered: 31 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cdparker:
I really would like to see someone do an accuracy comparison between these guns. Being an old Fhart, My thoughts about Ruger's is that their accuracy is lacking. But that was before they made their own barrels. No matter the looks or price, if it ain't accurate, I have no interest.

Ruger Precision rifles are impressive. Yea, Ruger used to outsource their barrels but that stupid angle screw did nothing but bend the action when torqued; is sure didn't help accuracy (and is now history on newer models).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post