Find
Notify
Tools

6mm BR range day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Got some new bullets a couple weeks ago, and ended up getting them worked up.

95 grain Berger VLD
95 grain Sierra Match King
108 grain Hornady ELD

I loaded all of them with 29 grains of Varget and seated them .300 off the lands (first test).

Berger shot .189 for a 3 shot 100 yard group, and .509 at 300 yards. Load development is done!

Gun is a M12 Savage, with a Benchmark Palma weight 28 inch barrel and no turn 6mm BR Norma chamber with a 1-8 twist. Has a Trigger Tech Sav-2 trigger. Has a vertical grip HS-Precision Savage target stock similar to what comes on a Savage LRP.

Scope was a Leupold VX III 8.5-25 FFP MIL/MIL.

Used a standard Caldwell "The Rock" bench rest, and a cheap $30 rear bag from Midway I can't remember the name of.

Never fired a group that small before. Kind of excited.

I'll take a photo of it on Saturday.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Got some new bullets a couple weeks ago, and ended up getting them worked up.

95 grain Berger VLD
95 grain Sierra Match King
108 grain Hornady ELD

I loaded all of them with 29 grains of Varget and seated them .300 off the lands (first test).

Berger shot .189 for a 3 shot 100 yard group, and .509 at 300 yards. Load development is done!

Gun is a M12 Savage, with a Benchmark Palma weight 28 inch barrel and no turn 6mm BR Norma chamber with a 1-8 twist. Has a Trigger Tech Sav-2 trigger. Has a vertical grip HS-Precision Savage target stock similar to what comes on a Savage LRP.

Scope was a Leupold VX III 8.5-25 FFP MIL/MIL.

Used a standard Caldwell "The Rock" bench rest, and a cheap $30 rear bag from Midway I can't remember the name of.

Never fired a group that small before. Kind of excited.

I'll take a photo of it on Saturday.

I have a stock Savage Lapua that shoots lights out...it is unbelievably accurate - most accurate out of the box rifle I have ever owned.

I also have a Benchmark bbl on an M70. I must admit, I love M70s for general hunting but it wouldn't be my first pick for a LR action, but that rifle is superbly accurate.

Sounds like you have the best of both worlds...

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of any Savage trigger made, but the rifle is a shooter. Will slam fire if I close the bolt to hard, I messed with the trigger and I think I have it at about a pound. I need 2 pounds, but adjustments are kicking my ass.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post