New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Kilo 2400
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got one of these from Camera Land and must say so far this baby kicks butt; I thought the BR7 was good, but this is in a class all by itself.

It has AB ballistic software in it - superior to anything else I have used. Corrects for spin drift and aerodynamic jump. I was looking in my shooting log pre Sig and noticed a shot at 800 yards that hit low in a stiff crosswind that I estimated to be 12 mph. I dialed in that wind and ranged to 800 and low and behold, it required a slightly higher MOA up correction than my iPhone app (and my shooting log) said. Would have been dead nuts on if I had that.

I zero my long range guns at 500 to minimize spin drift; with the Sig I just offset my 200 yard zero by .3 inches and it has zero spin at 500. Other apps have given me fits.

It connects to your iPhone via bluetooth so you can enter wind direction and speed faster than cycling thru the menu option (they really need to add two buttons to add a left or right wind).

I love this thing. I won't bring it deer hunting in MN or on my AK moose hunt, but for long range shooting this thing is nearly perfect.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Good to know! Which kinds have you tried? I have the older Leica LCR1200 which doesn't have any ballistic data. Been thinking bout upgrading.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried them all, including Leica Geovids. I have a Leica 1200 as well; good rangefinder and I will use it moose hunting next month.

Leica doesn't use an embedded software program but rather a lookup table that corrects for environmental conditions. It doesn't take into consideration spin drift or aero jump.

I would also say the rangefinder itself on the SIG beats the Leica RFs I have tried, but I have not tried the latest ones.

I noticed the SIG uses a Cl 3R laser; all other ones I have used are Cl 1. Class 3R have significantly more power than Cl 1.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig Kilo 2200, and it is the cat's britches. As soon as I tried it , I sent my Leica CRF 1200 down the road.I haven't missed the Leica at all.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Took a shot at 815 with the Sig today; wind was maybe 1 mph to left. Sig said hold 17 MOA, .1 R. Hit the 3 inch aiming spot.

One of Us
Picture of mdvjrp93
posted Hide Post
What do you think about the sig binos with range finder? I was looking at the 3000.

1 shot 1 thrill

Posts: 340 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have not tried them. I have shot 594 rounds at long range since I got this thing, and it is absolutely heads and shoulders better than anything else.

Anyone want to buy a G7 BR2?