THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Finally shot the bullpup chassis
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally shot the bullpup chassis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KntAMmf8jOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdKOF4X2pA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxw6AqKf_q8

No issues at all...which means the next version starts ASAP Big Grin

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your progress! It seems like a lot of these projects die out, so I'm glad you're still going. Good luck.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woo-Hoo!

In two weeks or so I will have this rifle in my grubby little cigar stained mitts.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Neat stuff!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. It's fun to watch your progress. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Congrats on the successful test!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Great job getting it closer to a marketable product. Are you patenting anything? Have you done any trade marks?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Boom stick,

No trademarks, but yes we have a patent in place that has multiple claims for the unique parts of the chassis...which is most of it Smiler

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

Here is what V3 will look like...mostly. A few very minor changes to come, like mlok slots every 45* instead of 90*.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tyler,
That's pretty dang sweet.

Just curious, have you ever given or thought about giving shop tours if time allows? I'm from Boonville, (still have family there) and think my nephew might like to see the manufacturing process.

Posts: 222 | Location: Peculiar, MO | Registered: 19 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Hopefully by this winter or so we will be able to give folks to formal tour. We are hoping to have a building by then as our larger products hit production.

Right now we're kinda scattered out, we have 3D printers at my and my partner's house, and a machine shop at my partner's parents.

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Tyler,

Have you been able to realize any accuracy improvements over a conventional stock in your testing?

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Compared to an average stock, yeah you will have an improvement. No warping due to humidity or temp, etc.

Now a high quality stock that has been bedded or sits on pillars, in a mini chassis etc, you should see similar accuracy.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Rich (Idaho Sharpshooter) stopped by and checked out the chassis prototype. Seemed to think it was pretty handy, pretty sure he liked the trigger.

Here he is holding it with a 22" barreled Remington 700, nice and compact:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is much better in real life. After two or three cyclings, working the bolt without moving the rifle off your shoulder becomes a natural movement.

I had the opportunity to shoot John Buhmiller's Wimbledon bullpup about thirty-five years ago at his shop. This is what it might have evolved into if he had kept working on the design. His was okay for then, the trigger only had to meet the four pound pull rule. This one, adjustable down to 7 ounces, is crisp, smooth, and very light.

This is going to be the bolt rifle of choice for tactical shooters by end of the year.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post