Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Bullpup Chassis
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Frank:

Shooting F-class with this probably isn't the best, it's definitely meant for mag use. Loading would certainly be difficult single shot.

There isn't a bolt notch cut in this prototype, but in future versions, yes. The cheekpiece hides it to give a nice clean look.

There will be some material removal and weight reduction, but unfortunately things can't get a whole lot slimmer because our linkage must go outside the magazine. It is very compact in there, but obviously slimmer would be better. That will require some really innovative trigger work...which we have several ideas in mind for Smiler

Forend will be tended to, with at least options available for folks. The XLR has a round forend and personally it's my favorite chassis, but I understand some want other shapes.

AICS and AW mags fit now, other inlets basically upon popularity of demand.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Kemp:
Frank:

Shooting F-class with this probably isn't the best, it's definitely meant for mag use. Loading would certainly be difficult single shot.

There isn't a bolt notch cut in this prototype, but in future versions, yes. The cheekpiece hides it to give a nice clean look.

There will be some material removal and weight reduction, but unfortunately things can't get a whole lot slimmer because our linkage must go outside the magazine. It is very compact in there, but obviously slimmer would be better. That will require some really innovative trigger work...which we have several ideas in mind for Smiler

Forend will be tended to, with at least options available for folks. The XLR has a round forend and personally it's my favorite chassis, but I understand some want other shapes.

AICS and AW mags fit now, other inlets basically upon popularity of demand.

Great information Tyler, keep up the good work.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

Shooting some groups tomorrow...prototype number 2 is all wrapped up, on to the next version in a week or so.

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
After much work...here is the newest revision Smiler

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I think it would look tacticool (read marketable big money gun nerd market) with a flash suppressor and accessory rail system over the barrel all parkerized and black.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
offtopic
I think it would be cool to have a screw on muzzle break that is a functional whistle. A supersonic whistle will make the dogs ears for miles perk up Big Grin. I want to see what changing the pitch of the sound blast does as far as acting as a semi suppressor.

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good! Stick with it.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I can't help but think this rig would be great for a suppressed 458 SOCOM. Think high BC bullets loaded to 2.8" subsonic.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
standard finish will indeed be anodized black, with other options available, including custom cerakoting done by a few great painters I know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will it have an option to properly use Alpha or other "aics" type magazines with no spacers in them?

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
That is something that would need to be tested. After buying a Magpul AICS mag to try fitment with I'm totally sold on them, so much better than the metal ones!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue I'm referring to is the position of the magazine relative to the receiver:

http://forum.snipershide.info/...766&page=2&p=3147706

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I will post pics of the mag well for you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The magazines without spacers are nice because it gives you about another 0.06" of room for long range bullets. The problem, is that these magazines are not recognized or supported well by companies making bottom metal, chassis, etc. So most people who want to use them have an issue with rounds hanging under the receiver. Many choose to just cut a notch in the receiver like this:

In my opinion this is not a good idea (see that link I posted earlier). So if the magazine is positioned properly from the beginning, the benefits are manifold.

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post

I'm quite happy with the newest version. We will be running a small batch in early 2017 and letting customers run them for a few months. If there is some consensus on small changes to make, that will be implemented and then it's time for a big batch of bullpup chassis!