New
Find
Notify
Tools

LR: I am curious...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect in-between those two would be the 6.5 RSAUM. Read up on it. 3200 with 130's and 3100ish the 140's with H1000 and extended barrel life...easily over 2000 rnds if you believe many on-line reports.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Rich,

What happened to the 6.5x68 Schuler?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I just got a 6.5 SAUM to see what it's all about for myself.

Barrel life sounds like is a combo of H1000 being cool burning, and not using too much of it, keeping pressures nice and low.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BWW,

different deal. I have two 1909 Argentines at a gunsmith in NM being built in 6,5x68 Shuler and 8mmX68 Shuler. The two stocks I showed from WGG are for them Hunting rifles.

The M70 is going to weigh about fifteen pounds and allow me to continue my LR Jihad against the infidel Rockchucks of Southern Idaho.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to the guys at Bartlein for awhile this morning when I ordered my barrel

They convinced me to use the Whitley Palma contour, and just go with the standard NORMA 6.5-284 cartridge. No messing with the action or bolt face, and standard off the shelf brass.

It will save me about $1000 compared to the 6.5 RUM, by time the machining is complete. I can live with that...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post