Need help on a range finder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I like my bushnell 1600 had it a few years now works well

PD shooter:

I tested one of these a few years ago and was stunned. Most Bushnell RFs go for about half the rated distance, but this one was pretty impressive. Not sure how sturdy it is; I dropped a Bushnell RF once at airport security and it never did work well after that. The Leica units are pretty rugged.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an old Leica LRF 900. When the conditions are perfect it'll range to 1000 yards.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Leica (which is not to say other brands are not as good or almost so . . . just that Leica seems to be as close to a sure thing as you can get).

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Worked in a gun shop for a couple of months and sold a few rangefinders.

Depending on their budget of course but I would always show them the option between a rangefinder and a pair of binoculars with laser rangefinder built into them. Some guys like the idea of having the rangefinder built into the bino's so when they see game they don't have to loose the animal to range with a separate rangefinder. Others were keen on having the two units separate.

The Bushnell bino with rangefinder work well, had good feedback on those. Obviously the Zeiss and Swarovski units are going to be a better quality but it comes down to price. I would suggest you look at both bino/laser and separate units - most guys also have a decent pair of binos so are happy with a separate rangefinder.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica binos, Leica rangefinders. I like mine separate. I'm sure the rangefinding binos work, but I've never used them.

Swaro scopes. S&B's and Zeiss aren't bad either. Never used a Leica scope.

Posts: 9954 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 16Bore:
Leica

+1

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leica Geovids. Spendy, but you won't have to take them back a couple times like most of the others to get a good pair.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post