THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Texas man hits 1MOA target at 2.07 miles!

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas man hits 1MOA target at 2.07 miles!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
1MOA at 2.07 Miles

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holey smokes!!!!!! That loks like BIG fun!

Posts: 41767 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Long range for anyone! I've taken my .50 BMG out to 2200 yards but that is half again, plus. Damn fine wind reading ability.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
50 BMG? You're an evil man!

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
To each his own, but this doesn't do much for me. He first sighted in on a 4 MOA target, which at 2 miles is a 12 foot circle (higher than most trucks). The one MOA target would be a bit over a one yard diameter circle.

Wind of 2 MOA isn't a whole lot, especially at that range.

I would much rather be able to hit targets at closer ranges in high wind conditions using field positions that are not prone (which is terribly impractical).

But like I said, to each his own.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
WOW! Eeker

Posts: 18528 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets me out I guess? I can only get 120 yards on my home range. archer

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As pointed out, 2moa at that distance is very small and would have to do some research to determine the bullet drift w/o wind at that range. Apparently no wind at all?? Must admit that was quite a feat for shoulder fired rifle.
No question though that the Chey Tac folks have done their homework on extreme distance shooting. It is a rare day that I did not have at least 2moa wind for the 308@at mere 1000yds.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Time, money and range to do it on is all it takes.

Posts: 19356 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
To each his own, but this doesn't do much for me. He first sighted in on a 4 MOA target, which at 2 miles is a 12 foot circle (higher than most trucks). The one MOA target would be a bit over a one yard diameter circle.

Wind of 2 MOA isn't a whole lot, especially at that range.

I would much rather be able to hit targets at closer ranges in high wind conditions using field positions that are not prone (which is terribly impractical).

But like I said, to each his own.

Perhaps this type of long range shooting is more in line with your comments: Posted by Tyler Kemp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...ejaiL5MJfCfRiXHt9YXA

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Instructor:
As pointed out, 2moa at that distance is very small and would have to do some research to determine the bullet drift w/o wind at that range. Apparently no wind at all?? Must admit that was quite a feat for shoulder fired rifle.
No question though that the Chey Tac folks have done their homework on extreme distance shooting. It is a rare day that I did not have at least 2moa wind for the 308@at mere 1000yds.

No kidding instructor; I was shooting at 700 yards on Sat morning with a .220 Swift shooting 80 AMAX bullets, a 7 STW, and a .338 Edge. The Edge had the least holdoff - 3 MOA, although my only miss occurred with that gun when a 3 MOA had me hitting right 10 inches. For the other shots, it was 3-4 MOA. The Swift and STW were 4-6 MOA. My definition of a hit is within 6 inches; I fire sitting with a bipod and sling.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps some have not read of the Sandy Hook shooting

- that is Sandy Hook tests of 1879?
Yes testing the 45-70 at how many miles?
Some at 2500 yards and some at 3200 yards.

45-70 at 2 miles in 1879

Plevna Delay - Single shot BPCR at long range

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post