THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Light recoiling long range rig .....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Light recoiling long range rig .....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my 6.5-284. Lapua brass is awesome and the bullet selection is immense. Another favourite of mine would be 25-06 with Berger 115g bullets. They are faster than a nagging wife's tongue and hit harder than a four year old punching daddy in the nuts.

Posts: 56 | Registered: 26 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Light recoiling long range rig? 338 Edge with a brake and earplugs....

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTJ:
Light recoiling long range rig? 338 Edge with a brake and earplugs....

That's overkill for 700 yards imo. Though the OP seems to be gone anyway....

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the Edge works well at 700, but my point was more that a break and earplugs greatly expands the available chamberings. Of course, earplugs must always been worn with a braked rifle but from stationary shooting positions that isn't a huge issue.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 338 with a brake is downright uncivil to your neighboring shooters at the gun range.

Posts: 53 | Location: Olympia, WA, USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by INTJ:
I think the Edge works well at 700, but my point was more that a break and earplugs greatly expands the available chamberings. Of course, earplugs must always been worn with a braked rifle but from stationary shooting positions that isn't a huge issue.

Actually, any centerfire rifle should only be shot wearing ear protection.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post