Find
Notify
Tools

New Build questions.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I bought a Proof 300 Win 28 inch barrel, a American Rifle Company Nucleus, and found a McMillan A-5 with an adjustable butt, and a thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece.

I have a CG Extreme two stage, and I am trying to figure out what to do about bottom metal.

The ARC Nucleus and Proof were already an item, it was a build someone ran out of money on and sold.

I plan on doing barrels number 2 through infinity on the 300 PRC. But I don't want to buy bottom metal twice. Does someone make a 300 Win Mag magazine that will work in AICS CIP 338 Mag length bottom metal?

The 300 PRC takes a CIP magazine.

I prefer to use Badger M5 bottom metal, but I am unsure of what to do about the magazines.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
PTG makes the mags. And 300 and 338 will work from the same mags. A 338 Lapua mag will work for a 300 WM. Might have to bend the lips; I have used them before. I even used a 338 Lapua mag for a 308 Win......
Check PTG web site.

Posts: 17007 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I'll call PTG, Badger and some others on Tuesday.

Been waiting since 2015 to build this rifle. Wasn't probably what I envisioned, but I am happy with what I was able to get.

Another random question. I was thinking about asking about putting a V block in the stock, so I could use the same stock for a Bergar long action, 700 long action and this Nucleus. Is that still done.

The stock does not have pillars. So I am going to order some to install?

Is there a better bedding compound that Marinetex or Devcon? It has been about 5 years since ai bedded a stock.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post