The Accurate Reloading Forums
New Build questions.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8991022351/m/2621060252

26 May 2019, 21:06
Big Wonderful Wyoming
New Build questions.
I bought a Proof 300 Win 28 inch barrel, a American Rifle Company Nucleus, and found a McMillan A-5 with an adjustable butt, and a thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece.

I have a CG Extreme two stage, and I am trying to figure out what to do about bottom metal.

The ARC Nucleus and Proof were already an item, it was a build someone ran out of money on and sold.

I plan on doing barrels number 2 through infinity on the 300 PRC. But I don't want to buy bottom metal twice. Does someone make a 300 Win Mag magazine that will work in AICS CIP 338 Mag length bottom metal?

The 300 PRC takes a CIP magazine.

I prefer to use Badger M5 bottom metal, but I am unsure of what to do about the magazines.
27 May 2019, 06:14
dpcd
PTG makes the mags. And 300 and 338 will work from the same mags. A 338 Lapua mag will work for a 300 WM. Might have to bend the lips; I have used them before. I even used a 338 Lapua mag for a 308 Win......
Check PTG web site.
27 May 2019, 06:50
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I'll call PTG, Badger and some others on Tuesday.

Been waiting since 2015 to build this rifle. Wasn't probably what I envisioned, but I am happy with what I was able to get.

Another random question. I was thinking about asking about putting a V block in the stock, so I could use the same stock for a Bergar long action, 700 long action and this Nucleus. Is that still done.

The stock does not have pillars. So I am going to order some to install?

Is there a better bedding compound that Marinetex or Devcon? It has been about 5 years since ai bedded a stock.