Find
Notify
Tools

3 Trigger test
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I ordered a Jewell Varmint, CG Extreme 2 stage and a Timmney 2 stage.

The Timney got here last night and I installed it, the other two will be a few weeks.

I eventually am going to get a Huber and a Bix'n Andy, but we are a month or two down the road on those.

I'll post reviews as this stuff comes in.

The Timney went in a 700 AAC 308 that I have in a KRG Chassis. It is my first experience with two stage triggers in a 700, and so far my non-firing test shows it is really superior to the other two 700s I have here. One with a nicely worked over 1980's trigger and one with the X-Mark pro crap.

The 308 shot a 100 yard .75 group with HPR factory 168 Sierra match kings......That was with the original crap X-Mark pro trigger.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will your trigger finger make all those changes automatically?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Are you saying that it has it's own brain?

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
does when it comes to girls Big Grin

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sort-of...

If you could shoot them back to back on different rifles, you would see that each has its own pull characteristics.

Steve Kostanich, of Chehalis, WA, built me a Hunter Class Bench Rest rifle about 25 +/- years ago. He did his own 2oz trigger conversions of the 700 trigger. It was a simple 3-lever conversion, similar to the ones on the 40X. It ended up a two-stage trigger at 1 3/8ths ounce pull.

After a match, a friend let me shoot his rifle. It had a factory 40X trigger. They were set to the same weight, but they had a very separate, distinct feel. The 40X was a single stage, and I could not shoot it well.

I have a Kenyon trigger on one of my OM 70's. I have it set about 1 1/2oz, single stage. I can tell which one I am shooting with my eyes closed. Same with my Shilen 2 oz.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post