THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    KRG Chassis & Grodas Berserk UPLOADED NEW PHOTOS!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KRG Chassis & Grodas Berserk UPLOADED NEW PHOTOS!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Came in this morning from the fairies in brown. Nice stock. I'll take some photos of it this weekend if I don't get bogged down with kid stuff.

Nice stock, probably the nicest chassis I ever used so far. I like it better than my McMillan A-5, but not sure how much until I get a lot of ammo sent down range.

I also like it more than the AICS legacy chassis that I had. I have yet to finger a AICS AX chassis yet. So I can't say how it stacks.

Considerable amount of adjustment and ergonomics for $600.

I have tracking data on my GRS Berserk stock that is coming from Norway. It should be here by the end of the week.

I'll do an apples to oranges comparison when it gets here.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I liked my KRG but I should have bought a Whiskey not X-Ray or used a lighter barrel. It didn't balance out. I have a $250 off KRG certificate I won at a rifle match I need to use. I'm not crazy about the grip panel tho.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the grips, I don't have king kong hands or very small ones. I might upgrade to the bigger grips if they will sell me a set alone just to try them.

The bolt lift is awesome. I got home late today and it is rolling into darkness, so I think I'll try the range in the morning.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Made it to the range with the KRG X-ray chassis this morning. Recoil is very different, I have a 308 AAC Remington bolted in it and the cheek raised up for me to see over a 20 MOA scope rail and high rings in a 30mm scope.

I say recoil is different as it really doesn't torque or lift up like other heavy 308's I have shot.

Accuracy was improved over the Hogue stock considerably and I feel it is super tight and stiff.

I ended up having some strange visitors on the firing line and I got out of there, so I didn't get photos. I am hopeful to have the Grodas stock next week and have some time to get the two sorted out.

I did get a few rounds off of the new Sendaro (half a box) and my scope failed me (Niko Stirling that was a package rifle with the Howa 5-20x50 30mm). I did figure out I didn't have enough comb height for the Sendaro so I am going to try and remedy that with some kind of stock riser (probably the Bradly Adjustable Cheek Piece), a KRG bolt handle, and a new scope.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grodas stock from Norway got here this afternoon. Honestly it is really cool. It is the most ergonomic stock I have ever felt.

I'll try and take photos of both of them this weekend.

The Grodas Berserk went on my Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmoor. I am really happy with this rifle, and am hoping that this will give me what I want in performance.

This weekend I'll be out for another test.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to your reviews. Seems like I never see this kind of stuff in a store, so internet reviews are the main source of info without buying one.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got to the range this morning after installing the Grodas on the Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmoor and realized I didn't have a camera.

So I snapped a few in my computer room on the floor of it when I got back. I'll take some better shots in tomorrow and try and post them. I have an college paper for my degree due on Monday and I'd like to go to church, so one of the three of those might not happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Top is a 700 Sendaro in 7mm Magnum

2nd is a Howa 1500 Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor

3rd is a 700 AAC in 308

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I thought I would talk about the magazines for a second. After crying over the price of AICS magazines, I did a google and found out that Magpul was making some for about $35. So I ordered two and they are fantastic. They feed all three kinds of 308 amm I have tried out of them and they are good enough I can't see buying a $100 AICS magazine again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Grodas is really amazing. I wish that it was offered inletted for a Badger, PTG or CDI magazine system, but that is probably something I can get done later.

It is a solid piece of plastic, similar to a Glock frame in constructions. I have a couple Hogue and Butler Creek stocks and this thing is a gem by ocmparisom.

There is no aluminium chassis buried inside of it. I thought there was when I ordered it but it works great the way it is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I shot the 6.5 Creedmoor Howa and the 308 AAC 700 out to 600 and worked up my dope.

Then went back and killed some rocks.

Both scopes are Nikon Pro Staff 7 30mms. The 308 has a 3-10 and the 6.5 has a 3-12.

They need more magnification, but so far I am happy with the tracking of these two Nikons. They were $650 together shipped from LL Bean. I had a $500 gift card so it was a cheap purchase.

If they would have had the 4-16 Pro Staff 7 I would have sprung for that. I am happy for a while.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Ended up shooting at twilight last night, had a hell of a good time. Killed some insurgent rocks, rang the gong. Figured dope out to 600 yards, and I am pretty smitten.

Ended up watching the "Long Range from Scratch" DVD last night some of the special features while the wife was working out. I highly recommend it. I pick up little things about long range almost every day.