THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Why no love for Steiner Military scopes?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why no love for Steiner Military scopes?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted
Whenever the question comes up about what scope for long range there seems to be a fan club of people recommending NF, S&B, March, but hardly a mention of Steiner Military scopes.

I'm pretty impressed overall with it. The quality, durability, mechanics of it seem pretty much in line with the NXS or PMII.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That is because they have only been around for 2 years.

Steiner hadn't made a rifle scope since the 1990s before that.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine just became a rep....holy crap...those are VERY nice scopes. I looked thru the 5x-25x x 56mm with the mil-dot reticle today. Extremely clear optics.
Like Big said, though....they're a new player in the real high end optics field and a few others make nice scopes there as well.

G

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
Some of them are nearly the price of a S&B, I would certainly go S&B at the price point because they are a proven performer, not a Johnny come lately.
Nightforce is another proven scope for a bit less.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HiDrag
posted Hide Post
My opinion as well.

quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
Some of them are nearly the price of a S&B, I would certainly go S&B at the price point because they are a proven performer, not a Johnny come lately.
Nightforce is another proven scope for a bit less.

Surgeon Slut

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 09 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post