New
Find
Notify
Tools

long range computer ballistics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
nightforce made a long range computer program for palm pilots, which was also the same as a ballistix calc from a guy is south texas, i first tried to purchase from the web site and never got a response, but sent an e-mail asking if he was still in business and he responded yes but never got the software, a friend of mine gave me his night force ballistix and have read about some ballistic programs not actually working. Any input?

Posts: 85 | Registered: 07 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
If you have a Smart phone, get Shooter. If you have a Palm or hand held device, get EXBAL. You'll want a hand held weather station such as the Kestrel 2500 or 3500 for temp, barometric pressure wind speed. You can negate a lot of the above by simply going straight to the Gunwerks G7 BR2 range finder. It has all the above and is extremely quick to obtain a firing solution.

Alan

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Strelok on my Android phone.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
I use Ballistic on my iphone. It does good for me.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Private Contractor
posted Hide Post
I use Ballistic AE (full version on two devices), iSnipe, BulletFlight (by Knight's Armament [full version]), Horus ATRAG (on a Kestrel 4500NV and PC) and MD Ballistics on portable devices. I have the NightForce program on my PC, but never really use it, since the smaller devices prevail. Ballistic AE, IIRC, uses the JBM model, but regardless, it is worth the money, in my opinion. If applicable for you, the Barrett BORS system, is quite nice and seems to be accurate. I try to always work out my shots via analog (paper, pencil and calculator), and use the programs to verify, however, I often prefer the additional actual trigger time, the programs give me.

-Private Contractor-
Retired
Private Security Contractor
Executive Protection
PMC WWPS
Instructor and Collector of Pokey and Sharp Things
USTC

Posts: 31 | Location: Bridgeport, Texas | Registered: 04 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSSP:
If you have a Smart phone, get Shooter. If you have a Palm or hand held device, get EXBAL. You'll want a hand held weather station such as the Kestrel 2500 or 3500 for temp, barometric pressure wind speed. You can negate a lot of the above by simply going straight to the Gunwerks G7 BR2 range finder. It has all the above and is extremely quick to obtain a firing solution.

Alan

The Gunwerks BR2 is a really nice set up; I am testing one now.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post