New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long Range Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You a real tiger with the "s key ..... too bad you have nothing else to offer.......

Not too many 1000 Yard ranges .... 2000, or 5000 up in Seward's ice box. Like this........
(That speed goat is 600 yards + and everything you can see belongs to me.)

Probably been an NRA life member longer than you too.

Posts: 219 | Registered: 28 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can tell that you didn't check the March Tacticool scope link that I sent you. Does Shit and Bender have anything comparable? Seems March has FFP scopes also. Does Shit and Bender have a 10X-60X or a 10X-80X? Do they use ED quality glass? So Shot glass is the best?
What are your qualifications in this matter? You've read a little? Are you an optics engineer?
Looks like a Texas sheep pasture. Show me bullet holes at 600yards with your Shit and Bender. Go to the March website and see bullet holes at 1000 yards using a cell phone camera shooting through the lens.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch- You do know that Larry Root (artshaw) is just a troll, don't you. Why waste your time.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Butch- You do know that Larry Root (artshaw) is just a troll, don't you. Why waste your time.

noted...thanks guys. I'll stop waiting time on him.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty easy to figure. He is a lot of fun. He hasn't answered many questions, just spit out info. His military record was very good[or was it lack of?]
He'll try to yank a few chains and then go back in his hole.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will there be an early break up in Anchorage this year? Looks like it was -45 in Fairbanks yesterday.

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Anchorage, it might be, we have only about 3 feet in the bush. Enough to keep the fire danger down. Fairbanks, its always that stupid cold. I hope to have the baits out my mid may.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure miss our cabin on the Kenai out of Soldotna. We had a lot of great years in Anchorage.

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
what made you move?

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I lived in Fairbanks in the middle 50s. My father was in the Air Force. I really liked it. In the early 70s the economy was not good in Texas and I had a young family and was poor. My Bro In Law was at Elmendorf AFB. He was a Major at that time. We moved up and all of my 3 kids and his 3 kids lived in a 2 BR apartment for a couple months. No housing was available as the pipeline was gearing up. I came up and worked for Bahne Martinsen and Peter Adolf. They had a nice little VW and Mercedes repair shop. It was Continental Motor Company. They eventually became the Subaru and Volvo dealership. I believe they also have the Mazda and others now. Great people to work for. They gave me a Bryan Birdsall water color when I left. Our folks were getting on in age and moved back to Texas. We all miss Alaska.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
I have never really warmed up to long range shooting for long range shooting's sake but after my Coues deer hunt this last January in Sonora I can see the need to be able hold dead on at 400-500 yards and just pull the trigger.

I've looked at a few long range scopes and I used a Nightforce 5.5x22 in Sonora. I personally didn't care for the Nightforce for a number of reasons. What do you guys think of the Leupold 30 mm 3x18 with 56 mm objective. It would seem it would cover all the bases at about half the price of the Nightforce.

Mark

Leupold isn't in the same class as NF. I've never been satisfied with Leupold in 20 years. There's just no comparison. If you want a piece of glass to help you with 400+ yards, stick with NF, Zeiss, or Swaro. The only thing I don't like about NF is the weight. Other than that, the scope, reticles, and rings/bases are about as good as it gets. I bought 2 of the new ones in 5.5x22x56 with the MOAR reticle and zero stop. Just my opinion.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Posts: 7906 | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Well I lived in Fairbanks in the middle 50s. My father was in the Air Force. I really liked it. In the early 70s the economy was not good in Texas and I had a young family and was poor. My Bro In Law was at Elmendorf AFB. He was a Major at that time. We moved up and all of my 3 kids and his 3 kids lived in a 2 BR apartment for a couple months. No housing was available as the pipeline was gearing up. I came up and worked for Bahne Martinsen and Peter Adolf. They had a nice little VW and Mercedes repair shop. It was Continental Motor Company. They eventually became the Subaru and Volvo dealership. I believe they also have the Mazda and others now. Great people to work for. They gave me a Bryan Birdsall water color when I left. Our folks were getting on in age and moved back to Texas. We all miss Alaska.

Right on, I have bought several Acura's from them. They have always taken good care of me.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a March scope on a .308; shoots great.

For that matter, so do my NF and Leupold scopes.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Pretty easy to figure. He is a lot of fun. He hasn't answered many questions, just spit out info. His military record was very good[or was it lack of?]
He'll try to yank a few chains and then go back in his hole.

Too bad you "experts" cannot spell Schott glass.
As for my military record (whatever bearing it might have) is unknown to you and will remain so.
As for yours.........

It is always amusing that when "experts" cannot come up with facts, they fall back on name calling.

Yeah get those baits out ..... real "fair chase" hunting hero from Seward's folly.

I suppose you would know a LOT about Texas Sheep aka your girlfriends, but no MR Know It All, it's Wyoming Sagebrush.

Of course your super high X March scopes (none of which you own) are SFP as that's why they have the red numbers on the magnification ring.
Do you know why SFP have certain magnification #s in a different color ?

Lots of Army AMU schools/units in AK I'm sure. Also the worldwide hub of 1000 yard benrchrest shooting.

Glad you drop other peoples' names but are too cowardly to ever reveal yours.

When you actualy own any of these optics or rifles, can prove you served as a sniper in any branch or hold any long range match records, you might be worth bothering with. Until then you are a pair of "talk bigs" that are just too vapid to bother with anymore.

Bye bye boys.

Posts: 219 | Registered: 28 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right, the old goat won't be around long. I asked him questions and he rambled on about other things. Typical of an old troll.