THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Ballistic Caluculator apps. WTH?

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistic Caluculator apps. WTH?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,
I did a search and found one discussion on apps. It didn't answer my question. Please advise if this has been discussed before and I missed it.
I am using "shooter" on my Android. My friend uses "bullet Drop" on his iPhone. The MOA numbers are never the same. I went to Hornady's website. Again a new set of MOA numbers.
How can this be? It's math. I'm using the same set of inputs on all devices. What's up?

200 grain ELDx, 1.5 inch sight height, .626 BC, 2875 mv, 4000 feet elevation, BP 29.6, 60F, 40% humidity, no wind, G1 model, 200 yard zero, 500 yard target

I get 6.1 MOA, he gets 7.1 MOA. Not even close!

I am completely baffled. Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Ski+3

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think AIU brought up Advanced Ballistics on this site; I bought and must say it is pretty damn accurate. I don't like the "HUD" display, but the tables it generates are really good.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
It's math, but each calculator is using different algorithms to come up with the drop. You'll find a g7 BC is more accurate with slippery bullets.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best ballistics app on the market - IMO - is StrelokPro...so easy to use and fast. Even shows you how to hold with your specific reticle (and there are hundreds in the library), including how to hold on a deer or elk or aoudad, etc. Works on my iPhone or ipad.

Posts: 3720 | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Will try it this weekend.

Posts: 851 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post