Find
Notify
Tools

My one mile rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
Now that the warm weather is coming and I have my rifle dialed in, the powder I'm using is no longer available! I can't stand it.
Back to working up a load with powder I can find and use. Man I really liked that Hybrid powder.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 442 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:
quote:
Originally posted by Rapidrob:
I'm being sent a scope to try by one of the larger manufactures. So far, two brands cannot take the forward impulse of the muzzle brake.

I know for a fact that Nightforce NXS and S&B can. You may not want to spend what a S&B cost. I can highly recommend the NXS

Also look at the SWFA Super Sniper 5-20. I have this on my 375 VM2 414 grains at 3200 fps!

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want the best, go for a March 10X60. A little spendy, but I think better than the S&B or the Nightforce.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
$3K is a little more than spendy!!! LOL

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
I worked out a deal with Vortex in the PI. They sent me a scope that has not broken as yet.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 442 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
H100v is a good powder that gives very good velocity in some rifles/ cartridges. Not all however. It does give about the best velocity in my pet, the 6.5 Creedmoor but no one that I know of can get any kind of good accuracy from it in the 6.5 Cm. . Any more I don't even look at a new cart unless I can first get 10-20 lbs of the powder it likes enough to wear the barrel out at least half way .

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
Pop ; I'm pretty hooked on the SWFA scopes also. They have lots of travel. Are tougher than twisted cougar poop and are totally repeatable
I would really like to have the $$$$ to buy IOR scopes but in the mean time I'll stick with SWFA.
Beautiful rifle you have there also.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post